Amusement park

"Hyung, it's literally 3° celcius outside, why would you want to go to the amusement park?"

Was what Jisung had said at eleven thirty that morning, yet still managed to get dragged outside at one fifteen by Jaemin. The younger wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck, sipping his hot cocoa slightly as to not singe his throat.

The two were currently standing in line for the teacup ride, Jaemin anxiously bouncing slightly, likely an attempt to stay a bit warmer.

Jaemin had worn gloves that day, as did Jisung, but the older still insisted to hold the younger boy's hand "so your fingers won't freeze off!" He defended. Jisung wasn't one for skinship, but didn't bother objecting to it, either.

When it was their turn, the pair climbed into their adorable pink and orange teacup, grasping the wheel to adjust the speed.

"How fast?" Jaemin had asked, receiving a smirk from the younger.

"As fast as this thing can go."

And fast they went. Fast enough for Jisung to forget the cold for just a few minutes. Fast enough for those around the pair to grow dizzy just looking at it. Fast enough for Jaemin to erupt into a fit of scream-laughter.

When the ride did eventually stop, the pair stumbled out of the cup, giggling and swaying like two drunken teens.

That laughter soon turned to disgust for Jaemin, who had decided to drink an entire milkshake, down a large spool of cotton candy and then eat a walking taco before the ride.

He finally realized it was a terrible decision as he ran to the nearest restroom, where the remnants of his gluttonous lunch decided to come back up.

Jisung had decided against going on anymore fast-paced rides for the sake of the older's stomach, mapping out some of the more casual rides for the rest of their visit.

The mapping took about two minutes since Jisung already knew the park like he knew his home, opting to play some of the random carnival games that had been placed randomly around the plot of land.

Two games of darts, three strength tests, and a round of plinko later, Jisung had a decent sized plushie mountain and Jaemin returned from his miniature body war.

Jisung handed Jaemin a cup of warm water and a bit of ginger to help, gaining a thin-lipped grin.

"Ready to go then, 'Sung?" Jisung shook his head. "I spent the four years you were in the restroom for planning calmer rides for us to go on," he mentioned. Jaemin's face softened.

"Plus, I spent way too much on these games for these stuffed animals. Then I bought a wagon. Don't ask why." He finished, sheepishly.

Jaemin laughed at the younger, pulling him towards a different ride, the Merry-go-round. He left their wagon with the ride attendant, who winked at the two before starting the ride.

~

Four slow rides, two games of bumper cars, six photo booth stops, a train ride, and a tunnel of terror ride later, the pair's final destination was the ferris wheel, where Jisung helped Jaemin hop into the cart, closing the door after him. He took his seat across from him, smiling softly at the older's expression.

It wasn't dark enough yet for the lights to be turned on, but the sunset reflected off of Jaemin's face as if he were a mirror, giving him a sunkissed look that reminded Jisung vaguely of Donghyuck.

As the ride ascended into the air, Jaemin let out a gasp as he finally got a good look at the sun from a higher angle. Once at the top, he was able to view the sun, now appearing half-engulfed by the body of water it sat in front of.

"It's so...pretty," he said unconsciously, staring wide-eyed at the sunset. "So are you," Jisung muttered, low enough for it to be swept up by the wind without a trace of it being delivered to Jaemin's ears.

But it's fine,

Jisung was content.

~
A/N:

Double update as an apology :)