this cant be real

Todoroki jumped back, tripping over the log and falling down. "Shit!" He mumbled. He touched his head and rubbed it. He looked back at the boy. "I-I'm sorry! I'm really sorry please forgive me!" The boy said, getting more closer. His face looked plain and normal but something wasn't right. His ears were replaced with long gills(maybe gills? Todoroki wasn't sure) and green scales growing all over him.

"W-what are you...?" Todoroki said, his eyes wide. The boy tilted his head. "I'm uh, well..." He strutted, showing a green tail. Todoroki's eyes widen more. 'This can't be real right? Maybe I hit my head too hard, maybe im just dreaming.' He thought to himself, he soon started to laugh nervously. "Are you ok?!" The green haired boy asked, worry on his face.

Todoroki got closer. "So...your real?" He said, poking the green haired boy. "Uh yeah....why?" He said, tilting his head. "Well...merfolks are just...fairytales..." Todoroki said. The green boy burst out laughing. "R-really? That's humorous! I'm Midoriya by the way, or just izku, what's your name?" Midoriya asked, smiling. "Todoroki, shoto Todoroki."

Todoroki, said, looking at the merman. "Well Todoroki it's nice to meet yo--" he was intrupeded by a scream. "DEKU! DEKU WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" A young boys yell washed over them. Todoroki could see Midoriya tense up, looking nervous. "I...Uh, have to go, see you again soon?" Midoriya asked, looking behind him. Todoroki hesitated for a moment, but nodded. "Yeah. See ya." He said, getting up and hiding behind a tree,

he realized how cute Midoriya's laugh and smile was, he turned bright red, he walked away to stop the redness from his face. He walked to his home and couldn't stop thinking about the mermaid. Todoroki carefully climbed the wall to his bedroom, losing his grip sometimes. He jumped over his window and got inside, hopefully not making any noise. He quickly changed into his pjs and went to sleep.

Todoroki woke up the next day got ready for the day, he put on his uniform and made toast quickly. He looked at the time. 'I can eat the toast on the way to school.' He thought to himself. He grabbed the toast and ran outside, a nice, breeze like from last night.  He ate the toast on his way to school, and When he made it he saw a group of students talking to each other, he didn't get everything but he caught a few words.

"Lake...."
"Underwater..."
"Rumors...."
"Mermaids..."

He looked away from the students and sat down. "Hey Todoroki, you look tired." He looked up and saw momo standing there, smiling. "Oh, hello momo, I didn't really get any sleep." He said. Momo slowly nodded. "You need more sleep! Or you may fail this class!" Todoroki sighed. "Its ok, I promise I'll get more sleep." Momo smiled more brightly. "Ok then!" It looked like she was about to say something but was interrupted but aziwa-sensi. "Alright class, settle down now, we need to start class." Everyone sat down and stayed quiet. Everyone was quite scared of Aziwa-sensi, so they didn't mess with him. Class so began but Todoroki, didn't pay attention to the class, he couldn't stop thinking about the mermaid...And when class was over, he had no idea what they talked about.