Human talk

"So, what's it like being human?"

"Wait---what?" Todoroki blurted out, he was surprised at the question and was didn't process it through his head quite yet. "You know, what's it like being human? I was always interested." Midoriya replied, tilting his head a little. "Well um..it's different with different humans, like my, uh,  human view....it's hell." Todoroki said, rubbing his neck. "What? Why?" Midoriya asked. "My life is hell because of my....father." Todoroki hated using that word. He didn't see his father like a father, more like a monster. "I see....tell me more about human life." Midoriya looked up at Todoroki, his eyes wide with curiosity. Todoroki hesitated, trying to think of how to explain it. "Well, it's just...crazy. There's humans with quirks and sometimes they get into U.A high to become a hero, and half the time they do become hero's. The next line of safety, A.K.A me and more students." Todoroki stopped for a moment and looked at Midoriya, his eyes beaming with excitement. "Woah!! Your a hero in training?! I always wondered what that was like!"

Todoroki chuckled a little. 'He's like a 5 year old, but in a good way. Filled with so much excitement..' Todoroki thought to himself. "Well, it's hard." Todoroki continued "You have to work really hard to pass. If not, your kicked out." Todoroki finished, and his heart stopped as he saw Midoriya look at him with sad eyes, lips quivering. "Hey-hey, what's wrong?" Todoroki asked, getting closer. "Ah--it's just--I wish I can experience your human way. And not in this...." Midoriya looked at his tail, "This boring life." Midoriya grumbled, looking somewhat ashamed in himself. Todoroki didn't know what to say or help this merman, he had no clue if there was a quirk to turn him into human.. "it's ok, I think your life is pretty interesting, you can breathe underwater!" Midoriya turned a little pink but smiled sheepishly. "I guess your right..."

Todoroki smiled a little. "That's the spirit." It looked like the young merman had something to say but then a buzzing noise came out of nowhere. "Oh, sorry, it's my phone. Let me take this call ok?" Midoriya slowly nodded. Todoroki got up and walked away but not too far, he looked to see who was calling him.

His father. He made a tch noise and answered it.
"Hello?"
"Where the hell are you?"
"I'm just taking a walk. Why do you care?"
"How you not checked your messages?"
"No....why?"
"Your mother is in the hospital."

Todoroki almost dropped his phone from hearing the news, panic in his eyes. "I'll be there as soon as possible." He replied and ended call. He whipped his head around to see Midoriya tilting his head, confusion written on his face. "I'm sorry but I need to go, something happened that I need to deal with." "Oh..alright. see you tomorrow?" Midoriya asked, looking at him. "Yes." Todoroki said and ran as fast as he could, leaving the poor green haired boy behind..