Picturing Us (1)

Hanson:

Pictures. They are everything. They hold memories of the old times and can somehow tell the future. When you press that button on the camera and snap that new project, that you can later present to everyone to anyone. The way you see pictures and the way I do are completely different. You may see just a random photo of a tree or a stupid couple holding a flower. But I see a tree with a million branches that could touch the sky with its beautiful arms, or two people destined to be in love with a beautiful rose represented as their two hearts put together. I love that. I love to take pictures of anything I see. My dream is to take as many photos of whatever I wanted. Document all that I see, to embrace the beauty of my surroundings.

People like Finn, my best friend, are one of those who look at photos as just a stupid picture. But that's the difference between Finn and I. He's a popular football jock and I'm a casual girl, who stays out of the spotlight and focuses on her photos. But somehow we stay best friends.

We've been this way since seventh grade, but we've changed through time. I've been a little mean, sarcastic, but now I'm cool. I'm not mean. But apparently all the people who I used to pick on, are part of the populars. They literally do their best to ruin my life. Apologies don't always work, you know. On the other hand, Finn, he was the class clown. The funniest person I knew. But now, he's a snob. Thinks he rules the school. But I guess he does, because everyone does or listens to whatever he says.

But now it's time to go back to high school. The crowded halls, the smelly locker rooms, and the cheerleaders. Oh, what fun. The last three weeks of winter break were great. Presents, staying up all night, and sleeping all day. Now that's what I call a great time.

I picked myself up from my comfy bed, and attempted to keep myself awake, to get ready. I put on my brand new pink plaid button up shirt, and my favorite black jeans. I added black leather, laced boots, and a white beanie for my head. I threw my backpack around my back and walked downstairs, where the smell of chocolate pancakes came from. Turns out that my step brother had made me an awesome breakfast.

Scott has been there for me since I could remember. He's ten years older that I am, which makes him guardian material. He loves me and I love him also. My mom died when I was younger, and my dad remarried. Later on, my dad left because of his work in the Navy and Scott's mom also passed. It was either Scott or my Aunt Amy to care for me. I would've chosen anyone, instead of Aunt Amy.

"Hey, kid. Come eat." he yelled, once I reached the end of the stairs.

I sat on the table and ate my breakfast. I am so lucky that Scott is a chef. When it was just dad and I, cereal and oatmeal was our meal. Good times.

I heard a knock on the door and quickly swallowed to answer it.

It was Finn. "Ready for school, Hannie?" he asked, once I opened the door.

"Sure." I said then walked out the door. I heard him greet Scott and later followed me.

Okay, I know what you're thinking. The unpopular nerd, who falls for the most popular jock in school. But that's not it. Finn is just my best friend and I want it stay that way. I could never fall for Finn. It's just weird.

Finn:

I'm the one who's in love with her. She might've said something around the lines of, "I'm could never love him." or "We're just friends." but I'm completely in love with her. But the thing is, being friends is all that we have to be. Being lovers will mess up my reputation forever. I know I'm kind of being a snob, but it's my parents. They have this vision for me to be the perfect high school prince. I can't let them down. So for now, I have to stick with my "girlfriend" Julia, my football team, and my jock-like lifestyle. But the best part of it all is that I don't have to admit to her that she's my everything. Even if she loves to take photos of the most randomest things.

We both sat in the car and I started the car. She instantly pulled out her camera, while I rolled down er window. She kept snapping pictures of everything that passed by.

"Hannie, do you have to keep taking pictures?" I asked.

"Finn, I have to." she answered, not even looking at me. "Do you have to play football?"

"Good point." I nodded, then paid attention back to the road.

We finally made out stop at our high school. John Adams High School. Home of the great, Lions. I stepped out of my black truck, while Hanson did the same. We walked toward the school, while she shoved her camera into her backpack.

"Guys, look! It's Finn Mitchell!" Someone yelled. A storm of teens ran toward us, with smiles on their faces. shouting my my name. Hanson hated the attention, so we went our separate ways. That was usually the only five minutes that I got to spend with her during a school day.

Following them was my girlfriend Julia. She was beautiful, blonde, and apparently a cheerleader. She's also not as mean. She' a nice cheerleader, not the mean kind you see in the movies. But she is far as perfect compared to Hanson.

Hanson:

I headed toward my locker, still looking back at all the commotion. How could he handle all that attention? I ask questions about it almost everyday.

I turned around to finally pay attention to my backpack and pulled out my camera. Once I got it out, I accidentally crashed into someone. He poured his coffee all over himself, leaving me feeling guilty about it.

"Sorry." I said.

"No, I am. Did the coffee hit your Canon?" he asked.

I stared at him, completely clueless of what he said. But, I did notice him.He had nice longish black hair and mesmerizing brown eyes. He looked and dressed like a rock star. A cute one, too.

He smiled. "Your camera. It's a Canon, right?"

I looked down at my camera and back to him. "Oh, yeah. It is."

"I'm Levi." he said, letting out a hand, for me to shake.

I took his hand. "Hanson."

***

Next Chapter: Who is this Levi? What will Finn think about him? When will we get to see the other characters?!?!?