Picturing Us (9)

Finn:

Rachel's laugh was contagious. Every time I heard that dreadful sound, it made me laugh even more. We were laughing so much, we were hardly paying attention to the script. But now that I think about it, Rachel is really nice when she's not talking about Hanson, or music, or just plain crazy. Nobody really sees this side of her, and I was kind of happy that I was the first person, besides Hanson, to actually see it. It's been a while since I've actually had fun, but now I am. But thinking about it, made me think more and more of Hanson.

My expresion changed at the thought of Hanson. Rachel noticed, hers changing as well. "Hey, what's wrong? You were doing great!" she cried, referring to the last five minutes when I got flustered and snorted in an attempt to laugh it off. I looked up and into Rachel's eyes and she did the same to mind. She had a habit of reading my mind, and looking into her eyes right now, made me wonder if she was now. But there wasn't a reason to, though, because she was. I wonder if she can hear my thoughts as they're coming to me this instant. "Ah."

I sat down on a bench and she followed. She set the script in her lap and straightened it, trying to find the right words to say. This was another habit of hers. As a matter of fact, she had a lot of small habits that I remembered. In the moment of silence between her and I, it came to me. It was the fact that I knew Rachel, as much as I knew Hanson. I knew all their little small habits, to their big ones.

"Well," she said, breaking the silence. I took my eye of the spikes of grass on the floor, back to Rachel. "I never really knew why. You know, why you liked her. I mean, yeah, she beautiful, but do you really like her, as much as you think you are?"

I was shocked. Not only because she was asking this, but because it was true. The day we met in seventh grade was one of the best days of my life. But why? Was it the way her hair smelled like strawberries? Was it that she was the most difficult girl in class? Was it her blue eyes? I don't know.

"Mitchell, Fabian. Your up." the teacher's assistant announced, not letting me answer my question.

"I guess we'll never know." Rachel announced, before walking back into the dark theater.

I guess we won't.

Hanson:

Knowing that Finn would still keep his promise was surprising. Like I've always said, he's a snob, who cares for him and only him. But this caught me off guard. Levi seemed just as surprised as I was. A part of me still believes that we're are still, deep inside, are best friends. We could never separate, in any way.

After Rachel and Finn's performance, a couple more people preformed their scenes. As soon as everyone finished, it was time for the second hour, which was singing. I guess I was pretty good, but I don't know.

"Hanson Carter, why don't you begin?" Ms. Reynold's announced, leaving all eyes on me. I was drowned in thoughts by now, wondering what song I could sing. I wasn't really prepared to sing a song, but it's worth a shot. I walked up the stage stairs, and sat on the stool, that was in the middle of the stage. I looked of into the audience, finding only one person. Finn Mitchell. I swallowed, then opened my mouth to announce the song, I was singing. "'Everytime' by Britney Spears."

I looked over to the pianist, who was around his forties. He nodded, signalling that he knew the song. He began to play, instantly remembering every word. My mom was a big Britney Spears fan, and she say this song to me to sleep. They played this song at her funeral, too. I remembered exactly how I felt when it played back then. Especially when Finn grabbed my hand in the middle of the chorus.

"Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong
Why carry on without me?

Every time I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And every time I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you baby."

I looked back at that one person who made up my audience. He had apologetic eyes, and mine accepted the apology. Once the song was over, I ran away, out the door. It was too much for me to handle. The song brought up a lot of memories, ones that I couldn't forget.

My eyes met the clear blue sky, and the smell of fresh grass reached my face. I felt like crying, but I cried way too much for one day. "I'm sorry that all that happened." someone said, after hearing the door shut. I smiled, widely, feeling as happy as I could ever feel. He came back and we could finally forget about everything. About our stupid fight, that involved Levi and iced coffee. We could just get back to normal.

Except for the fact that it was Levi standing there, not Finn.

*****

Woah, twister!!!!! Thanks for reading!!! I'll try to update soon!!!!

Questions:

Levi or Finn?

Hanson or Julia?

Hanson or Rachel?

FAN/COMMENT/VOTE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!