Picturing Us (3)

Levi:

I've never been so nervous in my life. She's just so pretty. I am not the kind of guy, who can fall for a girl so quickly. When I bumped into her, this morning, I just couldn't help but stare.

"I guess, I could try out." she said.

"Perfect!" Hanson's friend, Rachel, said. "Auditions are Friday."

"Awesome!" I said, giving her a high five. Boy, am I acting goofy today.

"But I would love some help, though. Ray, would you mind helping?" she asked, biting into a carrot.

Rachel looked at me, with some type of evil stare. I was confused, but then I finally realized what she was maybe talking about. "Oh, I'm busy. Maybe Levi could practice with you."

This is perfect. I could get to know her more, maybe even let her get to know me. Is it normal for me to get all jittery?

"I dunno-"

"No, it's fine." I put my hand on top of hers. "I would love to."

She smiled. "Okay, I guess we could." I stared into those mesmerizing blue eyes and smiled back.

Finn:

This is NOT supposed to happen! Quick, do something, Finn!

"I guess I could try out, too." I said. They turned their eyes off of each other and turned them to me. As a matter of fact, everyone turned and faced me.

"What?" Matt asked.

"Finnie, are you sick?" Hanson asked.

"No, I would love to try out." I added.

Julia put the back of her hand on my forehead and then switched it to the front. "Finn, you don't feel sick." she added.

I chuckled, "I just wanna try out new things, is that so bad?" I asked.

"But everytime I bring up Broadway musicals, you groan. What's different about today?" Rachel asked.

"Okay, like I said, I'm trying new things, so can we just change the subject?" I said, angrily.

Everyone agreed and got back to their lunches, but Levi continued to stare at me. "Oh, looks like I've got some compitition." Levi said.

I paniced. "W-What do you mean by that?" I stuttered.

"It's kinda obvious, isn't it, Hanson?" he added, looking at Hanson.

"You're wrong about whatever, you're thinking." Is it that obvious that I'm in love with Hanson? I did say something pretty quickly after they had their 'moment'. Or was it the way I was looking at them? A guy like Levi, obviously can point out the obvious. Great.

Everyone turned their attention back to me. I stood there staring back at him, nervously.

"Oh, so I'm wrong about you wanting to beat me out of the lead?" he chuckled.

I felt a sign of relief. Man, he's intimidating. "Psh, yeah."

"Yeah, I thought that because you look like the type of guy who rules the school. And the character Danny, rules the T-birds, the best way to act like your character is to be your character." he said, adding hand gestures.

"Wow, you know a lot about acting." Hanson said.

"Well, I am an actor. But about you needing help. I would love if we could meet after school." he added, turning all his attention back to her.

Bleh.

"Sure, I'll give you my address."

"Hey, mind if I join?" I asked. "I mean, I could use the help, too."