Picturing Us (7)

Finn:

I know I blew it big time. Not only did I admit my love for Hanson, but I totally offended her in the worst way possible. I was one of the only two most popular guys to actually be nice to her. But now that has changed. Now only Matt is the only jock who is actually nice to her.

I feel so stupid for all of this, she won't even talk to me, let alone look at me.

Matt and I were walking into the cafeteria and I spotted Hanson, with Rachel. I walked toward them, but Rachel saw me. She walked over to my direction and stopped, trying to get me to stop walking toward Hanson.

"Finn, it'll be better if you just stop right now." she said.

"No, I gotta talk to her." I refused. I saw Levi show up next to her.

"Finn, no. Don't." she added, then I stopped.

"She needs me, though." I said, in a low tone.

"That's what you think. If you would've just listen to me, this never would've happened. I hate to say I told you so."

"Yeah, thanks." the thought finally got stuck in my head. Hanson didn't need me, she needed him. I felt like everything's just changed. Seventh grade was the best year of my life, then eighth grade got better. But as soon as high school came around, everything changed. Hanson turned into a nerd, while I turned into a...jerk.

Who knew the second day of school was the worst?

Hanson:

I sat down next to Levi at lunch. I was really happy that Finn was nowhere to be found. After a while, I got over the fact that he called me a loser, but I couldn't get his "love" for me out of my head.

"So, where's Finn?" Levi asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Haven't seen him." I haven't told Levi about the incident that happened before school, I just told Rachel.

"Uh, I dunno." I said.

He stood up and looked around, "He's with Rachel, lemme go get them."

Before I could say anything, he was on his way toward Rachel and Finn. Matt was there, too, all of them smiling and laughing. You don't know how much I wanted to know what they were saying. Then, they started walking over here. Great.

I put a couple strands of hair behind my ear, then put the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands.

"Hey, Hanson." Matt said.

"Hey." I replied.

Finn just stared at me and I stared back, waiting for him to say something.

Everybody else started talking, while Finn and I sat there in silence. I wasn't in the mood to say anything. I just got tired of the silence. I stood up and walked away, but it was a matter of time before Finn was behind me.

"Hanson, stop." he called.

I continued walking, trying my hardest to ignore him. I just wanted to move on, and just wanted this horrible day to end. Only two days into school, two days that went on forever.

"Hanson, I know you hear me." he added.

I closed my eyes, annoyed. I turned around, "What, Finn?" I asked. He was about ten steps away from me.

"I-I-I..." he stuttered. He took a couple steps toward me, leaving my heart racing. The closer he got to me, the faster my heart was beating. He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out of his mouth. I stared into his eyes, waiting for something to happen. I wasn't really thinking as much as I should've been, either.

"Hey, Hanson. What happened?" Levi appeared once again out of nowhere. He had a knack of doing that, which was sort of attractive. And that was when I noticed that I've hardly even talked to Levi today. I was spending all my time on Finn, when the real guy that I needed wasn't in front of me, but he was the guy behind the guy who was in front of me. And throughout this whole issue, Finn was still wrong about Levi. Levi was no harm to me, while Finn did his best to. I've probably said this before but, Levi like a replica of the real Finn. The Finn who wasn't afraid to hang out with me, the real Finn who made me laugh, the real Finn that I was probably in love with also, it's just that I didn't really realize it until now.

And that's why Levi and I automatically connected. Levi is Finn, and Finn isn't Finn, he's just not himself.

"Nothing, but thanks for the concern. Let's go in." I said, ignoring the fact that Finn was right in front of me. I walked over to Levi and we walked back into the cafeteria, leaving Finn, way too upset for words.

***

Please Comment, Vote, Fan please! I'll love you forever!