Picturing Us (15)

Hanson:

Lunch finally showed up, with the sandwich Scott made me stuck in my head. Today was a new day and Finn and Rachel finally showed up. The both them were missing yesterday, but maybe I could talk to her at lunch. Finn said not even a word to me in first period.

Alone, I sat at our usual table. I unloaded my brown lunch bag, and laid everything out. My sandwich, an apple, potato chips, and a milk. Yum.

I stuffed my face, knowing that no one was there. But Levi enjoyed everything from behind me. I turned around, sensing that he was there, staring at me. "Hey." I said, with my mouth full of lettuce and tomato.

He smiled. "Having fun there?"

"Yesh."

He kept that smile on his face, then kissed the top of my head. He had that smell in his chest, you know the good boy smell. I've always thought that it was the hot boys' natural smell, but it just came from a can. I don't care, because it smells amazing.

I passed him my apple, which he likes. Levi loves apples, and always takes the opportunity to take mine. It has just gone to the point where I don't care and just give it to him.

He took a bite, "So, Finn and Rachel back yet?"

"Nope. They should've been here by now." I looked around and saw the two, walking in from different directions. "Oh, here they come!" I point to them.

I stood up and went to them, smiling. "Guys!" I yelled.

Finn:

Here comes Hanson. Great. Can this week get any worse? "Hanson, hey." I smile, with fakery.

"Rachel, come on." she added, toward Rachel.

I looked over to her and smiled, with a short wave. Rachel just nodded, putting her head down. She approached us. I continued looking at her, which made things worse.

"Hey, where have the two of you been?" Hanson said, excitedly. She moved in between us and put her arms around us. "It's hard to survive the day when both of my bestest friends were missing."

Rachel and I held our lunch trays, feeling how awkward it got every second.

"Hey, guys." Levi greeted us, as soon as we reached the table. "How's life?"

"It's great, I guess." I said nervously.

Rachel sat next to me, probably thinking the same thing as I was. How awkward this was. It was so weird.

There was a long silence. No one spoke, we just ate. But once one of our phones rang, we all jumped. I was honestly scared to death.

It was Levi's. It rang after ring, him not even thinking about answering. After about five minutes of his constant annoying ringtone, he answered. He left the table, talking on the phone.

The silence continued, as we watched him pace around. He went from happy to angry in a matter of three seconds, then he through his phone on the floor. I looked at Hanson, as she looked back at me, wondering what the hell he was so pissed off about.

He later stormed out the cafeteria, slamming the door behind him. Hanson stood up and followed him, leaving Rachel and I alone.

Hanson:

I've never seen him so upset. He was so angry, it sort of scared me.

"Levi!" I called down the empty hallway. He continued walking, totally ignoring me. I continued calling until he finally stopped at his locker, slamming it open. "Dude, what's going on?"

He ran his hand through his hair. "My dad called, alright? God!" he said angrily.

He went through his locker, looking for the stuff he needed. After he got them, he slammed it shut, hitting it, even though it was closed.

"Levi, Levi. Calm down."

"It's not closing!" he yelled.

I grabbed his wrists, trying to calm his down. "Levi, it's closed. Can you just tell me what happened?"

"My mom...she...she's dead."

***

This is sad. I know. Even I'm starting ti tear up....