Picturing Us (17) {Final Chapter}

Finn:

Rachel is like Hanson. She's my best friend, someone I could talk to, someone I could tell anything to. But Rachel is also different than Hanson. Rachel agrees with everything I say, she makes me feel like everything I do is right. Even the stupid things. A smile never really left her face, lighting up even the darkest room.

I just needed to know why she rejected me.

I knocked on her front door, then waited for an answer. It was cold outside, but not freezing. The night sky was sparkling and the moon was shining.

Rachel opened the door, surprised to see me. "I just need to know. Why don't you like me?"

"Finn, I-" she began. She couldn't find the right words, which was scaring me. "Every since I met you, you're main focus was Hanson."

I put my hands into my jacket pockets.

"...and when you said that you liked me, it was like you liked me because Hanson doesn't want you." Her words were harsh, even though I didn't understand.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I'm Hanson's replacement. I don't want that, Finn." she crossed her arms.

She looked a little frustrated, but she was right. She was Hanson's replacement... Everything got clearer and clearer as the silence got more awkward.

I stared into those innocent brown eyes, thinking about how everything turned out. From the day Hanson introduced me to her, to the day she found out. From auditions and her contagious laugh to now.

I moved closer to her and leaned in, kissing her. She was hesitant at first but then she felt comfortable. I held her close to me, knowing for sure that she was the one.

But then she snapped out of it, breaking away. "Finn, did you not just hear what I said?"

I smiled, "Rachel, you are Hanson's replacement. You are exactly the person that I want, though. Hanson is my best friend, but that doesn't mean she was always there. You were always by my side."

"Really?" she asked.

"Really." I meant to say something, but got flustered. "I mean, yeah..."

She laughed. "How about we just get to that kiss, alright?" she asked.

I smiled and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around me and I lifted her off the ground.

Hanson:

Today is a month after Levi left. He's been gone, and everything's changing. Rachel and Finn are a couple, which totally caught me off guard. But at least they're happy. Even though I'm not.

I sat in front of my locker, thinking. Thinking about everything. Four months of complete change. I guess that happens when your sixteen.

I wish Levi was here. I could just hear him say something that you could put a lot of thought into. I wish he could tell me that I wasn't crazy. I wish that he could hold me. I wish that he was here. But he's not.

The lunch bell rang and I stood up to go open my locker. The same old routine that went on and on. Another day, of complete boredom. I opened up my locker, then looked into the mirror. The same old me in my same old pink mirror. Bleh.

I slammed my locker shut, then turned around, crashing into someone. He spilled his coffee all over himself, which wasn't very pleasant for him or me.

"Woah, I'm so sorry!" I yelled, trying to wipe his shirt with my sleeve. "This always happens. I'm so clumsy."

"It's cool, good thing you didn't have your Canon out." he said, with a familiar voice. I looked up and met those adorable pair of eyes, that were mesmerizing. "Your camera's a Canon, right?" he joked.

"Levi." I jumped, hugging him tightly. His hands wrapped around me, holding me tighter. He looked at me, as I touched his face, "I'm not just hallucinating, right? You're really here?"

He laughed, "Yeah."

I kissed him, remembering how good it felt. He broke away, "I'm so sorry. I just needed to think. I will never EVER leave you again."

I hugged him even tighter, not even caring about how late to class I was. "I don't care. As long as you're here."

"What in the world?" he asked, surprised. I broke the hug and looked at him. "Look!" he said.

I turned around and looked toward his direction. It was Rachel and Finn, holding hands, walking toward our direction. "You've missed a lot, caught me off guard, too."

"Levi!" Rachel yelled from across the hall.

He waved, while I mouthed, "He's back" to her. She let go of Finn and ran toward us, running into his arms. He picked her up, as I walked toward Finn. He ran toward me and I did the same, running into his arms.

I never really pictured Finn liking me. But it just happened. He tried, but it didn't work. Even I thought that we might work, but it didn't. I also didn't picture him with Rachel, but that just happened, too. But most importantly, I didn't picture a guy like Levi to come into my life. Things got complicated, but everything just works out. You can't just picture your life the way you want it to happen, you have to let the camera of life do it for you.

THE END

***

Yup, this is the end. FINALLY A HAPPY ENDING!!!! WERE YOU TEAM LEVI OR TEAM FINN??? COMMENT!

Thanks to all of you for reading this short story. It was a great story to write and I hope you liked it.

There will be no sequel, sorry! But feel free to picture Hanson, Finn, Levi, Rachel, Matt, Julia, and maybe even Scott's life the way you want. But yeah!

I'm writing more stories,feel free to check those out too!

Thanks so much and until we meet again, BYE!!!!!

-Tea<3