Picturing Us (13)

Levi:

"I'm kidding, guys." I said, although I really wasn't. Although Hanson and I are official, I still can't get that kiss out of my head. The words just fell out of my mouth. Knowing that I brought up would cause something that's not gonna be great, worries me. Finn will probably hate me for knowing, so will Hanson.

"Oh!" Finn said, followed by laughter. Hanson laughed, that you can tell was obviously fake. You could see her panicking through her smile.

The bell rang, causing all of us to get quiet. Finn and I went toward our English class, but Hanson didn't. We both looked at her. "Oh, yeah. I'm just gonna go get some water from the vending machine." she announced.

"Oh, yeah." I said.

"Kay, see you there." Finn followed.

We continued walking away, which caused a whole new level of awkward. It was silent, neither of us wanting to say anything.

I wanted to ask about the kiss, while Finn looked as if he wanted to give me "the talk". You know, the whole "if-you-break-her-heart-you-die" talk.

"So, Levi." he began. And here we go...

"You won't mind, you know, about the kisses?" he asked. He held onto the straps of his backpack, looking at his converse.

"Why would I mind? It's just acting." I said, as smooth as possible.

"Yeah, I know. It's just that you're Hanson's new...No, you're her first boyfriend. I just wanna make sure. She really likes you." Finn spoke as if nothing happened. Seems like the kiss was literally nothing. He looked so innocent, the kind that isn't in a way.

"Oh, yeah. I feel the same way about her."

Hanson:

Water or juice box? I asked myself, as I stared at the vending machine. I had a lot of other things to think about, but I decide to think about this. I was so into my thoughts, I couldn't believe how lost I was.

"Ugh!" I yelled, kicking the vending machine.

"Woah, woah, woah, don't take all your anger out on the machine, Hanson." Matt showed up. "The twinkies are in there!" He blocked the machine, like he was protecting it.

"Well, I can't decide!"

"Hanson, you need a bubble bath." Matt said, in his attempt to calm me down. He grabbed my shoulders and led me toward the nearest bench. We sat down, and Matt began to talk. "I have a feeling that this isn't just about a juice box."

I stood up, as he sat down. "Why are you always helping me solve my problems?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think Levi was really kidding?" she asked, pacing.

"I don't know."

"Are you sure Finn is in love with me?"

"I don't know."

"If that vending machine broke and you had to choose between fruit snacks and a twinkie, what would you choose?"

"Twinkie!" he yelled, jumping up onto his feet.

She giggled, "You can answer that question, but you an't answer any of my other questions. What kind of friend are you?"

"The best." he smirked. "Look, I can't solve all your problems for you, Hanson. Trust me, I would if I could." he politely punched my arm, "But that's up to you."

"Since when have you become Mr. Philosophy?" He started to talk, but I interrupted him. "Oh, right. You don't know." I smiled. I stole the apple from his hand and took a bite from it. "I'd better get to class."