A Normal Day

"Oh man, oh man, oh man!" Obito yelled sprinting through the busy marketplace."Oh man, I so late Sensei going to be so mad!"

The first thing the young Uchiha hears a stern voice when arriving at the training field was, "Your late, Obito."

"I know I'm sorry," Obito apologize panting heavily looking at his Sensei.

Minato gave Obito a gentle reassuring smile and replied, "that's okay Obito just try to be a bit earlier tomorrow."

"What's the excuse this time; let me guess it was another old lady that needed help, am I right?" Kakashi drawled out rolling his dark grey eyes.

"Hey, shut up!" Obito yelled then smugly added, "it's not my fault that everyone hates you because you're a big jerk."

Although there was no real heat in the in Obito's comeback, he knew it was true. Kakashi was always pointing out his flaws and criticizing him almost every chance he gets. Obito aspected Kakashi to yell or brush it off like usual, but the young Uchiha didn't get either of those reactions. Obito wasn't sure but he could have sworn he saw a hint of pain on his younger teammate dark grey eyes, but only for a moment before anger replaced it and the sound of knuckles popping as Kakashi's fists clenched making Obito gulp and step back.

"No fighting you two, come on now since we're all here let's start today's training." Lucky for him that Minato-sensei decided to intervene or else there was gonna be another fight for sure.

The first part of training was the usual sparring warm-up exercises Rin verses Minato and Obito verses Kakashi. While fighting with Kakashi he noticed that the silver-haired chunnin was putting more a little weight on his left more than usual. Still unable to match Kakashi's speed and power it wasn't long before Obito's back collided with the grass cover the field. Obito looked up to see Kakashi standing in front of him and held out his hand offering to help him up. Obito accepted the offer rubbing the back of his head stating 'he'll win next time,' with a large goofy grin Kakashi replied with a smirk and a single nod to Obito's surprise.

After spending three or four hours doing field, sparring, and chakra control exercises Obito's legs felt like jelly. Rin was bent over with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. Kakashi was breathing a little harder but wasn't gasping for air like Rin and Obito were. But Kakashi more tried then other two and putting more weight on his left leg, something didn't seem right to Obito.

"Good job today you three, we'll call it a day, see you all tomorrow," Minato stated not even have broken a sweat the whole time, as he teleports away. Soon after Kakashi started heading home too.

"Hey, Rin do you want to go get some food or something?" Obito asked with another big goofy grin trying to contain his blush.

"Sorry Obito, but I have plans with my mom today maybe tomorrow," Rin responded sincerely not wanting to disappoint her friend before heading home leaving Obito alone.

On the way back to the Uchiha compound. He spotted Kakashi slowly walking through the village's marketplace. Obito started to raise his hand ready to call out to his teammates but stopped mid raised when he noticed something was very wrong. The villagers were glaring hatefully at the little silver-haired nine years old and whispering amongst themselves as their scowls deepen.

Obito watched as Kakashi continued to walk at an even pace as the villagers are staring daggers at him like it was a normal everyday thing. Obito disliked everything about this situation from the stares and harsh whispers to the heavy tension in the air. The ten-year-old Uchiha didn't know what to do so he decided to follow his teammate from the shadows and blending into the crowd. Obito continued to follow him until they both were out of the market and tension lessened dramatically.

Deeming that everything was fine now Obito stop following Kakashi, and heading home. 'That was weird, I'll tell Rin tomorrow,' Obito told himself as he reaches the safety of the Uchiha compound.

______________________________________
A/N: picture is from Pinterest. I do not own Naruto or it's characters. This is my first attempt at writing fanfiction so please don't judge too much. Thanks for reading!!