three

RED LEAVES blew in the winds in the chilly months of october. she regretted wearing her school's summer uniform, a white shirt along with a navy blue tie and a black skirt. seolmin clutched the straps of her bag tightly as she felt goosebumps forming on her exposed legs.

seolmin turned her head to the gaze of heejin, "good morning! i'm not really sure why you're wearing this-" the dark haired girl scanned seolmin from head to toe.

"my mom forgot to put the blazer in laundry, and my pants are missing. i need an appointment with the school tailor soon." seolmin said, as the two of them entered the school premises.

with more than 45 minutes left for assembly and 50 minutes for class, heejin, seolmin and their friend hana, who was forced to come to school today, decided to seat on the bleachers.

"guys i'm so fucking stressed, i don't know what to do for halloween and literally no one has asked me out for winter formal!" hana complained.

"there's still a month left for winter formal- and maybe i'm stressed about halloween too." seolmin said with a shaky voice.

"seolmin are you okay? you're like not even shivering anymore..you're literally shaking!" heejin exclaimed.

seolmin replied with a weak smile plastered on her face, "i'm gonna be okay! it's just the fucked up early morning weather. i'll be fine. let's talk about halloween or maybe presidents election."

"yeah speaking of elections, aren't you excited about being the president again? maybe minus the fact that mr.kim literally makes you stay in this shithole till 5pm." hana joked.

"yeah you're right, that shits painful as fuck!" seolmin said and quickly turned her head to see the new group of people walking towards the bleachers on the other side.

it was jaemin and his group of friends, clad in the school's infamous black blazers. they sat on the other side of bleachers and seolmin was pretty sure he hadn't noticed her. seolmin was the type who couldn't keep secrets, she will inform hana and heejin even when she's going to take a shower. it was hard for her to keep the fact that she had acquainted jaemin a secret.

she was lost in her thoughts, in her own world, she couldn't bother listening to her friends blabbering about winter formal which was a month away and halloween which was weeks away.

"hey, earth to kang seolmin! are you okay?" heejin waved her hand infront of seolmin's face to distract her from her thoughts. "what were you thinking about?" hana smiled.

"oh- i was just uh thinking about elections!" seolmin realized how much of a bad liar she was that day. kinda surprised her how her friends couldn't detect her obvious lie.

hana noticed the group of boys leaving in a rush and quickly looked at her wrist watch, two minutes till assembly. "run quickly or that hag is gonna put us on detention!" heejin laughed referring to their school counsellor.

___

biology class, aka seolmin's biggest fear and her 5th period of the day. she tried her best paying attention to ms. son explaining the structure oesophagus but the leaves falling and blowing in the winds outside kept distracting her. not to mention, na jaemin sitting a few seats away from her, rushing to copy whatever ms. son is saying.

seolmin realized that day jaemin was ethereal. she would be ashamed to admit it or maybe she won't even admit it even if she was held at gunpoint.

jaemin felt the strong gaze on him and looked back at seolmin who quickly looked away and pretended to hear ms. son's oesophageal lecture.

"psst jeno! fucking lee jeno!" jaemin whispered.

jeno looked back and waited for jaemin to say whatever he wanted to say.

"this seolmin girl keeps looking at me!" jaemin whisper yelled this time and looking at ms. son to make sure she wasn't looking at his direction.

"isn't that what you wanted?" jeno whispered back and went to copy down his notes again.

a/n
thanks to all the 5 people reading
it. i would be so happy if someone
would let me know their opinions! :)