ten

THE TINY café huddled despondent among the huge city buildings. washed out under the overcast sky, it hunched in itself, fighting against. customers, mostly students glanced up as the door swung open, heralded by a blast of cold wind. unlike the outside, the interior of the café was warm and cheery, with bright lights and colourful walls.

jaemin ordered his usual iced americano, or in jeno and donghyuck's words, "battery acid".

"how do you even drink that? shit looks and tastes like acid." renjun said and took a long sip from his ice lemonade.

"homeboy's gonna get a liver and kidney failure at the age of 19!" donghyuck said and kept his cup of hot chocolate on the table whilst patting jaemin's back.

"uneducated fucks, a cup of americano has like zero calories whereas your" - jaemin said and pointed at jeno and donghyuck's sweet treat "that shit probably has hundreds of calories, so guess who's catching diabetes at 25? not me!" jaemin grinned.

"haha very funny, atleast i will die happily!" donghyuck joked and the other three burst out in laughter.

after jumping from topic to topic, from the football match last night to who got most likes on their recent selfie on instagram, renjun finally asked something which triggered jaemin.

"jaemin where did you disappear during lunch?" renjun asked and jaemin sighed, the look of tension in his eyes brought everyone on that table's attention. "what happened?" jeno sniggered.

they could see how jaemin looked tensed, which he rarely does. he scratched the nape of his neck, "it's a long story," his hand motioned, taking sips of his coffee in between. "in donghyuck's party i have no idea what happened to me, i just- i just kissed her, i didn't want to!" jaemin face palmed and ran his fingers through his brown locks.

"oh this is bad.." jeno whispered. "so what happened today?" donghyuck said, almost sounding...annoyed.

"i thought i made her uncomfortable so i wanted to apologise like a normal fucking person would," he side eyed donghyuck, "and then she interrupted with a kiss.." jaemin whispered the last sentence and looked down at his coffee which was almost at the bottom of the cup.

"atleast you're getting it, unlike me," renjun said and looked over at jeno, "right?"

"shut the fuck up, i don't wanna fucking do anything with her..but she's nice i don't know what to say." jaemin sighed.

"pretend to date her till the voting results, it's obvious that she's winning, then make her resign. simple!" donghyuck suggested and leaned back on his chair. "that's just straight up mean..i can't do that what the fuck!?" jaemin scoffed. "then we can't help you!" donghyuck sniggered

"i will think about it," as soon as jaemin finished talking, his phone lit up and the incoming messaging tone could be heard. "is it her?" donghyuck tried looking at jaemin's phone resting on the table, "oh she said, 'thanks for helping me feel better today." he said making a feminine voice.

"is she a good kisser? you know the rumour?" donghyuck asked and looked back at jaemin. "i don't fucking know i'm leaving!" he said picking up his bag.

he walked away as the door swung open, heralded by a blast of cold wind. unlike the outside, gaining the customers attention from the café. the customers returned to their conversations as the door swung closed behind the new entrant.

"he's in love with her." jeno's eyes still glued on his phone. "i don't get jaemin..nor i get girls, everyone's so hormonal nowadays." renjun said, frustrated, and ran his fingers through his hair. "he's clearly in love with her.." donghyuck retorted.

yikes im sorry donghyuck's
being an asshole, i swear
he's gonna be nice soon