thirteen

THE TRAIN is late. seolmin is left shivering on the platform. the gentle clunk of a lipstick stained lid of her 6am cappuccino lands in the bin with the flick of wrists. a rogue page of yesterday's newspaper is chased by the wind like a pigeon with wings fluttering with feathers of melodrama.

"wasn't the train supposed to be here at 6:15? it's literally 6:48 right now. look!" seolmin glanced back towards the direction of the loud voice. she recognised her as eunbi from her class. the girl seemed nice, seolmin always thought.

"apparently the temperature in daegu is 7 degree celcius at night." heejin said while her eyes where glued to her phone on the weather app. "na jaemin is really trying to give us hypothermia." another voice from the back said.

"literally shut the fuck up, i didn't know it was going to be so cold there!" jaemin retorted emphasising the so from the other side. "jaemin! language!" mrs. choi looked back at jaemin followed by him muttering a sorry.

-

"it's kinda..odd? jaemin are you sure it's a resort?" jeno looks around the place surrounded by different sizes of hills and hundreds of types of plants and trees. the hills were a patchwork of orange and red made even more varied by the shadows of passing clouds. "just go inside, it's nice in there." jaemin reassures.

the resort lobby was classy in the most unclassy way possible. it had all the corporate taste for opulent items without the slightest touch of personality - those little out of sync items that makes decor "human." the deep brown floor shines as well any polished glass. there are flowers, in crystal vases on the reception, the perfect shade of orange to compliment the woody hues and creams.

"i honestly expected worse. we are like in the middle of nowhere.." hana whispers. seolmin walks through the crowd and inspects the place. a huge window, with a view of orange - green hills and trees, a replica of monalisa's painting she recognised from her history book on the wall and a empty restaurant with plastic blue chairs. good enough for something literally in the middle of nowhere.

"two people per room..you can choose your roommates!" jaemin smiles and quickly interrupted by the teacher, "that's nice, but the boys are gonna stay in the 3rd floor and girls on the 4th. understood?"

"i can't stand jaemin for real." heejin sighed and walked towards the elevator dragging her purple luggage along with her. "me too you ain't special."

seolmin and heejin's shared room was dimly lit with the vintage wall sconces that hung on the mute coloured walls like earrings. thick velvet curtains hid the long windows across the walls, just leaving a shy peak of the woods and hills beyond. two antique couches stood the opposite sides of each. the paintings and faded tapestry panels on the walls seem to blink at seolmin as she entered, like they were greeting her. she sunk in the bed on the left and she looked like she was melting. it was the first time she rested her body today.

"damn it's dark in here." heejin moved the thick velvet curtains out of the way and revealed a scenario of shy woods and hills.

"fuck it, i'm so tired i woke up at 5am then ran to the station. and here's the catch, i slept at 1 because my dumbass decided to pack her shit last minute." seolmin grumbled against the white pillow.

"i told you to pack on wednesday." heejin said, a smirk on her face. "shut up. i'm gonna sleep you can go and have lunch i don't give a fuck. and if anyone asks about me, just say i died." seolmin says and wraps the blanket around her comfortably. "sure ma'am."

______
DAEGU, SOUTH KOREA
1:39PM, FRIDAY

JAEMIN
are u not gonna
have lunch?? they
are serving sashimi and
it looks cool 🤠

JAEMIN
heejin said you're
sleeping.. should've
had the lunch tho ://

JAEMIN
maybe you're
actually dead ✨

JAEMIN
rest then lol

____

seolmin on the other hand felt like she was on heaven. the comfortable fuzzy blanket, a soft bouncy spring bed and a soft pillow was everything she needed that moment. but her dreamland was interrupted when she woke up to the obnoxious bell continuously ringing. seolmin felt like stabbing whoever it was, she groaned and dragged herself out of the bed.

"who is it i'm sleepi-

"take this club sandwich it's good! i saw donghyuck having it and he said it was good..get rid of the tomatoes though, they're nasty." jaemin handed her the plate and ran towards the elevator on the other side of the floor before she could even thank him.

____

SEOLMIN
thanks for the
sandwich i guess

SEOLMIN
i wasn't hungry
tho

JAEMIN
you didn't even
eat when we ate in
the station so 🤔

JAEMIN
take rest again lol
u looked DEAD

JAEMIN
pls be awake
by 5 tho we are going
to see the sunset