twenty four

JAEMIN STILL looked as still as a statue. he greeted seolmin's drunk brother with a weak smile at the porch. he couldn't comprehend the fact that jeno had brought something so sensitive, something he has been wanting to erase from his memories for almost eight years. he still remembers his dad yelling at his mom, his mom yelling back, the glass shattering followed by a silence. ten year old jaemin pretended like he was asleep in his brother's room, when his then fourteen year old brother sat on the window sill, crying.

"jaemin, drink some water." seolmin handed him the glass of water and sat on the revolving chair in front of the bed. "d-do you wanna talk about it?" she stutters. jaemin's eyes shifted to the side and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. as he blinked, they dripped from his eyelids and slid down his cheeks. he bit his lip tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from his mouth; seolmin's heart sank.

jaemin's lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of his mouth. "my dad..." he began, yet what followed was engulfed in the tremors. seolmin quickly got up and took a sit beside beside him, resting her hands on his hands. "keep calm. take your time." she assured him and rubbed her hands up and down his back. "my dad cheated on my mom with someone in his office, denied it and my mom somehow found out." jaemin continued.

"then..." seolmin interrupted him with his hands on his mouth. "don't talk anymore, take some rest, my shower's clean go take a shower." she smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead. a weak smile formed on his lips and he sat comfortably on the bed, looking at her now. "you know, you're better than my friends." seolmin giggled standing near the door. "i'll just go keep this glass downstairs."

jaemin observed the room, fairy lights above the bed, green succulents on her study table, piles of books, a vanity mirror; indeed it looks like a girl's room. he observed the a cabinet filled with trophies and medals from different essay competitions, poetry writing competitions and dance competitions. jaemin felt a tap on his shoulder, "what are you looking at?" seolmin tried to peek over the tall figure. "you dance?" seolmin laughs, "i used to, haven't danced since 8th grade. you know studies and shit." she notices how jaemin's face is still puffy and red from crying a few minutes ago.

"don't look so sad." she poked jaemin's nose and holds him close, brushing a strand of dark brown hair away from his face. he sniffs dejectedly and buries his face in her shoulders. "let's watch a movie." she stands up and grabs her laptop, joining him back on the bed. jaemin eagerly wraps his arms around her waist, once again burying his head in her shoulder. "do you feel better?" she asks at the middle of the movie. seolmin looks down and see that he was half asleep, his eyes opening at her question.

"this movie is so fucking dumb." jaemin whines in her shoulders. "i swear horror movies are the dumbest thing to exist."

"don't be such an airhead," she wraps her arms around his torso and hugs him close. "i bet you're tired," she says as his arms encircle her waist and his head lolls to her shoulder again.

jaemin ran his hands through seolmin's hair while. "can i ask you something?" he asks while seolmin is too engulfed in the movie and responds with a nod. jaemin sits back and rests his head on his hand. "do you think i'm like my dad?" seolmin pauses the movie and looks at him in the eyes. "don't you dare say that. you're jaemin, na jaemin. you're you." she kisses his cheeks. jaemin smiles, "i'm trying my best to not be like him. i don't wanna be him." he says and closes the gap between them.

seolmin felt a hot breath on her neck, then the tender brush of lips. burning as they make contact with her neck. his hand runs through her hair, as the kisses become harder and more urgent. another hand slides around her waist, and pulls her close to his cologne scented body. his kisses are now on her exposed shoulders. he looks down at her with swollen lips, "you're beautiful, just letting you know."

jaemin is very obviously avoiding her lips. he's pressing lingering kisses against pretty much everything else he can reach. seolmin's jaw, her neck, her cheeks--it's all fair game. his breath is curling against the skin just beneath his ear as his hands are skating against the skin of the girl's clothed stomach. jaemin's hands curled tightly into seolmin's mess of hair. seolmin knows jaemin will leave marks she doesn't want, but she really doesn't want to stop the feeling of his teeth against her skin.

jaemin's phone suddenly lights up on seolmin's study table. the ringtone of the phone went off like an annoying alarm. jaemin groaned in annoyance and got up leaving seolmin behind. "who the fuc-oh it's hyuck." seolmin sits back resting her body against the bedpost, "answer it." she tells him.

jaemin scooped it up and spoke into it. seolmin heard a few im fine and a few don't worrys. jaemin looks at seolmin again with a look of annoyance plastered on his face, "yeah i'll text you later don't worry." he hangs up and sighs in frustration. "what is it?" seolmin asks. "he's just asking if i'm okay, it's fine."

honestly i thought this would end
around 25 chapters but the way
i've it planned, i dont think
it's happening anytime soon.