twenty nine

JAEMIN INHALED slowly, his system responding to the smoke, and he felt his lungs being wrapped by a warm blanket. taking  small, slow draws of the blunt, he felt delighted, like he had never felt before. jaemin comfortably lays back against the bean bag in donghyuck's cozy room.

"this is your second one, right?" donghyuck asks placing his second blunt of the night against his lips. jaemin nods in response. they always found smoking pot as a good relaxant and escape from reality. before presentations, stressful events in their personal lives, every time it calmed them down. even though jaemin swore to god he isn't going to touch drugs anymore but he really couldn't help himself after being 'heartbroken' for two weeks now.

donghyuck quickly pushes himself up and stands on his legs when he realises the windows in his rooms were sealed closed. "fuck i forgot to open the windows, my room is gonna smell like weed for the next 2 days!" he opens the window and the mid november breeze hits the back of jaemin's neck. "oh damn it's kinda cold."  jaemin laughs. here goes jaemin being nostalgic again, the days he would escape out of his home and climb the pipes of seolmin's house which would lead to hours of deep talks and stolen kisses.

"you're acting like your wife of fifty years died!" donghyuck snorts and throws a neon green pillow at jaemin. "dude your eyes are redder than usual what the fuck." jaemin points out and informs the other boy rolling up a new blunt for to be used. "wait fuck really?" donghyuck crawls towards the mirror to check himself out. the reflection of jaemin looked pale, he became skinnier, eye bags started to show more, he just genuinely looked sick. donghyuck's concerned figure finally takes a sit on the edge of the bed beside jaemin's bean bag. "how much do you like her?" he looks at him, concerned.

jaemin chuckles and looks at him with bloodshot eyes. "maybe a little too much, i don't know what i'm so hurt for, the fact that i couldn't confess or the fact that i feel like dad." he face palms. donghyuck pats jaemin's back. "it's okay sort it out, talk to her." jaemin facepalms. "i'm fucking scared okay?" he almost yells. "what're gonna do for prom? its like in two months." jaemin laughs. "i wanted to ask her out for prom but i ruined everything and i literally don't have the courage to ask her now." donghyuck shifts his gaze away from his phone. "so what are you gonna do? go alone?" he laughs. "might go alone even better option, i won't go at all." jaemin finally looks at his phone which suddenly lit up, a text from his brother, his heart breaks yet again, the lockscreen; the picture of seolmin he took back in daegu. "who is it?" donghyuck tries to peek and catches a glimpse of his lockscreen. "you're acting like those hopeless romantic people in novels and cliche movies the fuck." jaemin frowns, "man shut up, who are you gonna go to prom with?" jaemin immediately changes the topic. "i don't know yet honestly." donghyuck replies. "i really wanted to ask her.." jaemin rests his head against the wall. "enough of sulking i'll get some alcohol from the cabinet."

jaemin's hands gripped the bottle in his hands, eyes swiveling towards the back of his head in a distressed sense of a headache. he tilted his head towards the edge of the bean bag as he a long swig of the dark substance that affected him. jaemin clears his throat as he stands up, just to fall back down on the couch in an unbalanced attempt to walk to the donghyuck's couch. "i swear on my life i have never seen you this drunk." donghyuck puts down the bottle on the glass table. "i'm fine don't worry." jaemin slurs.

"what if i text her now?" jaemin asked, his cheeks flushed, his hands already gripping his phone tight. "don't you fucking dare i'll beat your ass and land you in emergency room!" donghyuck yells. donghyuck jogs to snatch jaemin's phone away from him when he realises jaemin had already sent her a text. "fuck you man, you're really about to catch this block. it's 3 in the morning for fuck's sake." jaemin just giggles, "did she reply?" he asks a smile plastered on his face hiding his puffy eyes. "no! a normal person is supposed to sleep right now, dumb fuck. go sleep in my bed or something, you're getting on my nerves now."

jaemin staggered and rested his head on the soft pillow. "what if she's hurt like me too?"  donghyuck clicks his tongue. "go to sleep." jaemin immediately felt this blackness come over him. like a blanket, but not a blanket of warmth but a blanket of coldness making him shiver. somehow it's making his eyes feel heavier and heavier. jaemin finally closes his eyes sending him into a dreamless sleep.

donghyuck sighs and looks down at jaemin's phone in his hand. the picture of seolmin infront of a beautiful sunset displayed on the bright screen which is almost blinding him. 'jaemin you're such a loser.' donghyuck thought entering the messaging app where his friend had made a mess five minutes ago. a notification pops up on the screen; a text from seolmin.

JAEMIN
i missyiiuu

SEOLMIN
are u drunk

JAEMIN
hi this is hyuck

JAEMIN
jaemins just
drunk as shit

JAEMIN
he drank alot like
ALOTTT

SEOLMIN
is he ok..

JAEMIN
yea he passed out
tho 

SEOLMIN
tell him to rest...

JAEMIN
hes just being
a sappy mf
SEEN 3:45AM