nine

NA JAEMIN to seolmin was like the golden champagne bubbles fizzing and crackling in the mouth like fireworks. he's like the feeling of driving on a hot summer night with the windows down. the fuzzy blankets on the chilliest is nights.

seolmin couldn't stop staring at jaemin, sat few seats away from her. the chemistry teacher's important lectures on bonding which could potentially help her secure good grades were like a background noise to her.

she noticed how jaemin tried his best to keep up with the teacher, moving his hands quickly and copying down the notes. him occasionally looking back at jeno and whispering something, how he owns a ryan pencil bag even as a nineteen year old. it had been 3 days since the incident in donghyuck's living room. the incident which made seolmin feel...weird.

lunch time and seolmin can't pay attention to her friends overly enthusiastic conversation about halloween which is surprisingly only 12 days away. seolmin stared at the cold fruit salad on her bowl, she can't eat when her mind is pilled with thousands of different kinds of thoughts.

"so it's decided i'm gonna be sailor moon for halloween!" hana exclaimed and put a mouthful of cabbage salad inside her mouth.

"sounds cool..i wanna be misa amane from death note but the thing is it's gonna weird without light yagami.." heejin sighed. "what about you?" heejin added and looked at seolmin.

"me?! oh..i don't know yet to be honest.." she said awkwardly and looked down at her school's burgundy skirt.

"what do you mean you don't know yet? halloween is like 2 weeks away! you were never like this..girl what the fuck happened to you?!" hana said, sounding a bit harsh than she wanted to sound.

seolmin got up from her chair and slammed her hands on the table, "listen! my life doesn't revolve around a fucking party. i will do whatever i want, whenever i want!" the entire cafeteria became silent, everyone looking back at her, wondering what had happened. she was now the centre of everyone's attention, which she hated the most.

"seolmin listen i'm sorr-

"fuck you and your sorry." seolmin retorted and quickly walked away from the cafeteria. she felt tears brimming down her cheeks as she walked past everyone in that cafeteria.

"i'm so scared of girls...did you see how mad she was?" renjun said, almost sounding speechless.

"i know right! what is she so mad for? she mad that she's losing?" donghyuck laughed and took a sip of cola from the can.

"i think i should go.." jaemin said and picking up his bag and briskly walked towards the exit of the cafeteria. he looked around to find seolmin in the crowded hallway, he knew it was useless to find her in the hallway anyways. the only place she would go to is the girls washroom, a place where jaemin obviously can't go.

he walked near the lockers of the girl's washroom for a while, waiting for the brunette haired girl to come out. jaemin sat on the stairs, playing with the buttons of his blazer.

jaemin soon saw seolmin walking out, her eyes red and puffy, an obvious sign that she had been crying inside. "seolmin! are you okay?" jaemin said as he runs to catch up with the pace of the brunette girl.

she felt the butterflies in her stomach again and started walking in a faster pace, clutching the straps of her bag tighter, praying that the bell for the history class rings at the moment.

jaemin was quick enough to run along beside her, "damn stop ignoring me!" jaemin huffed, catching his breath.

"what do you want?" seolmin said in a monotone.

"let's go near the bleachers first, i'm scared you're gonna scream at me and everyone's gonna think of something else." jaemin joked pulling seolmin's hands and walking near the bleachers.

seolmin felt that same way over again when his hands had touched hers, she felt like the feeling of euphoric laughter at 3am, the feeling of cuddling a pillow-

"now tell me what happened?" jaemin says and sits beside her.

"n-nothing serious, forget about it..it's time for history class anyways, let's go." seolmin tried to change the topic.

jaemin looked at the expensive wrist watch on his wrist, "we still have twenty minutes left for history class, stop trying to change the topic and just tell me what happened."

a muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of seolmin's right eye, her mouth formed a rigid grimace. with arms folded tightly across her chest she tapped her feet on the bleachers. there's no way she's telling him that she's stressed about a fucking kiss like a thirteen year old.

"is it about donghyuck's house?" jaemin said, his voice suddenly deeper than it was like a few seconds ago.

"huh- what?" seolmin almost choked on air.

"we both were drunk, i'm sorry if i made you feel uncomfort-

jaemin suddenly felt her soft lips on his. she kissed him and the world fell away. it was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. his hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled.