Chapter Eleven

Bruce wasn't always a light sleeper, in fact before his accident he could sleep like the dead, but ever since he started his life on the run he's woken easily. Like when someone sneaks into his apartment and then climbs onto his bed. He jerks awake ready to attack with what little upper body strength he has.

"Shhh it's me" Eli coos pushing Bruce back down.

"Eli?" he asks. "What are you doing?" he asks adjusting to the dark.

"I had an idea" she answers climbing into his bed, he frowns at her.

"And it couldn't wait till morning?" he asks, she shakes her head.

"No, I had to tell you before I slept on it and changed my mind" he sits up a little as she kneels on the bed.

"Alright, I'm listening" he comments.

"So it's all about your heart rate right? That's what you're worried about" she asks, he nods. "Well....what if we did some...smaller stuff first, got you used to it, work up your control over your heartbeat"

"Smaller stuff?" he asks, Eli stands from the bed and pulls on the tie securing her dress around her, opening it up, revealing bare skin to him.

"Touching" she answers, he subconsciously worries his lip as his eyes linger on her body, her dress slipping down her shoulders to the floor.

"Eli" he whispers, she kneels on the bed as he pushes himself back a little. "I don't..."

"It's okay, Bruce" she takes his wrist and guides his hand to her waist. "Touch me" he lifts his eyes to hers. "Trust me" she whispers, he nods and leans closer to her, curling his hand around her waist, dragging his fingers across her lower back. He swallows slightly and shifts closer to her, his other hand moving to the other side of her waist, this one he shifts higher, brushing over her ribs. His watches begins to beep steadily, picking up speed slowly but surely. He leans closer and kisses her, her hands stroking up his arms to wrap around his neck. Then it's like...a fire ignites in his soul, hunger wrenching at his soul. He kisses her harder, yanks her closer to him, settling her into his lap, his arm wrapped around her. Lips moving more insistent against one another, passion rising, they can both hear his watch beeping getting more and more rapid. Eli leans away from him and Bruce moves his lips to her neck. "You have to calm down" she teases slightly.

"I'm trying" he argues against her neck, clutching to her waist trying to calm his heart. He breathes into her neck and closes his eyes.

"Deep breaths" she whispers stroking the back of his head, scratching at his scalp. He takes a deep breath breathing her in, something distinctively Eli. Earthy, and....wet dog. It should probably disgust him that she smells like dog but it's so her that he can't hate it. He rather likes it if he's honest. He presses soft kisses to her neck as he tries to will his heart to slow down. But there is a beautiful, sexy, wonderfully naked woman in his lap that wants to do naughty things to him, that wants him to do naughty things to her. That wants him. Big guy and all. He pulls his head back and kisses her again, threading a hand through her hair to hold her to him. She moans against his mouth and shifts her hips slightly, he sucks in a breath and his watch just starts up all over again, faster as he hardens beneath her, he moves a hand to her thigh and pulls it tighter around him. She can hear how fast his watch is beeping now, it's too fast. "Bruce" she pulls back from him and he groans reaching for her.

"No, keep going" he pleads a little.

"Bruce, your watch is going nuts....we have to stop" he sighs knowing she's right about that. He flops back onto the bed and sets his arm over his eyes. "You did good though" she assures him, he peeks up at her from under his arm.

"I can't even touch my girlfriend without risk of...." he complains.

"But you did touch me" she points out. He lowers his arm.

"I wish I could give you more" he admits, she touches his chest and smiles.

"You give me enough" she argues softly. "And you're willing to try" she strokes his chest. "And I should go" she kisses his cheek and then stands from the bed.

"Stay here" he begs of her. "Just sleep here with me" she nods and pulls on one of Bruce's shirts before climbing back into bed with him, she settles against his side and lets him play with her hair. "Thank you" he tells her. "I never thought....it's a start" she kisses his shoulder and smiles.

"I used to grow fangs and claws during sex" She admits, he glances to her. "Not my most attractive look" she comments, he tugs on her hair a little. "It's about practise" she offers. "Trust" she looks up at him. "And belief. You have to believe you can learn to adjust, to control...." she leans closer to him. "You can do this" she whispers. He brushes her back and smiles up at her, his thumb brushing over her cheek.

"You're amazing, you know that?" he asks her, she smirks.

"I have a pretty good idea" she comments, he chuckles and wraps his arm around her letting her settle against his chest. He strokes her arm and pulls her closer to kiss her head. She hums with contentment.