New Dragons(Chapter 15)

Winter's POV

Ok, so, my life has been great so far. Winter thought. Never thought I'd end up here, trapped in a prison cell, with Moon and Turtle with me. I also didn't think I would fall in love with a NightWing. Well, before I got this spell on me. Stupid Darkstalker.

"So, you really can't get your magic back?" Moon asked. "Nope, not unless another animus undos the spell." Turtle explained. Moon looked at Winter, which usually, would make his heart skip a beat, but it doesn't anymore.

"What about Anemone? Isn't she an Animus, too?" Winter asked. Turtle shook his head. "Darkstalker got her too." The SeaWing said.

Frustrating. "Is there any other Animus here you know?" Winter tried. "No, I don't know anybody else." Turtle said.

Just then, a loud ka-boom caught the three dragon's attention. Winter put his head at the wall toward the loud noise. He heard faint sounds, but could still hear a  conversation.

"Ah, I see your actually here." Darkstalker said. "It takes a long time to get across the ocean, don't rush me, I am a queen." A female voice said.

"Yeah yeah, whatever Queen.....what was it again?"

"How rude of you, I'm Queen Wasp."

"Right, who are the three prisoners?"

"These three"

"What the heck??!! Why are we on the other continent?!" A male voice asked. "See Blue! I told you there was another continent! You say it was a myth!" Another voice said, a female. "WOULD YOU TWO SHUT IT ALEADY??!!" Another female yelled.

"They seem fun. What are their names?" Darkstalker said. "Blue, Cricket, and Sooloo." Queen Wasp answered. "THAT'S SUNDEW, YOU IDIOT!" Sundew shouted. "Yeah whatever." Queen Wasp said.

"Alright I'll take them to a prison cell. What did they even do?" Darkstalker asked. "They broke a TON of rules, and stole the Book of Clearsight. I CAN'T let them cause any more harm." Queen Wasp replied.

"Wait. The Book of what?"

"The Book of Clearsight."

"Did...did you say Clearsight?!"

"Yes."

"I-is she still alive??!!"

"No, why do you ask?"

"SHE WAS MY GIRLFRIEND!! AND SHE TRAPPED ME UNDER A MOUNTAIN FOR TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!"

"...but...she's Sunstreak's wife...th-they had eggs together."

"WHAT??!!"

"Uh Yeah....wait...if she was your girlfriend, do you have the same powers as her?"

"Yes, I do. I can read minds, see the future, and I'm an Animus."

"...what's an Animus?"

"YOU DON'T HAVE ANIMUSES WHERE YOU COME FRON??!!"

"No?"

"Ok look. Rock, come to me."

".....HOLY MOONS IT LISTENED TO YOU!!"

"Yeah. Rock, turn into a ruby."

".....with that much power....YOU CAN DO SO MUCH!"

"That's exactly what I'm doing."

"But is there a consequence? Of using the power?"

"For every spell you cast, you loose bits of your soul. If you cast too many, you will go insane, and probably murder everyone."

"Omm! This is so interesting! Aw man! I wish I hade my notebook! I could write a book about Animuses! Ooooohh! Maybe we can even get them on Pantala!" Cricket exclaimed.

"AUGH, take these brats already, they're giving me a headache." Queen Wasp said. "If you say so. Come back anytime to visit these fun little dragons." Darkstalker said.

Winter turned back to his friends, who were looking at him, expecting him to say something. "There's dragons, from the other continent. Their Queen has brought three prisoners, Blue, Cricket and Sundew. Apparently, they broke a bunch of rules and stole something called the Book if Clearsight. They also don't have Animuses where they come from. And also, Clearsight went to the other continent and had eggs with one of the dragons, someone named Sunstreak." Winter explained.

"I kinda want to meet them." Moon said. "I mean like, they're from the OTHER CONTINENT!"
"Apparently that's called Pantala." Winter said.

"HEY!" Darkstalker's voice called from the other side of the cell door. "Moon, I know you always wanted to learn about the lost continent, so, would you like to meet some dragons from there?"

"W-Why are you doing this?" Moon asked. "You were my first friend in two thousand years, I want to keep you as my friend."
Darkstalker answered.

Something about the words, 'keep you' coming out of Darkstalker's mouth made Winter rage in his head. Why am I mad? He doesn't even mean the keep you I'm thinking about.

"I.....AUGH yes! I course I want to learn and meet them!...can Winter and Turtle come, too?" Moon asked. Darkstalker was quiet for a moment before saying, "Alright fine." (I just remembered that Darkstalker was a jerk like....5 or 4 chapters ago? Why is he so nice now? I don't know either....)

The door opened and Moon walked out. The NightWing stopped before exiting, "Aren't you coming?" She asked. Winter nodded and followed Moon, but Turtle said, "N-no. I'll stay here, I don't really like meeting new dragons anyway."

As Winter walked out of his cell, he saw three dragons, but they had four wings instead of two. Well, only two of them have four, the other one had two. First, the yellow and black dragon with four wings turned her head and noticed them.

"Ohmymoons hi!! Oh my gosh! You have so many spikes on you! Why are your scales so white? What tribe are you from? What powers do you have? Can you read minds and tell the future too?! Well, I don't think so because you don't look like a NightWing, but still! Can you??!!" She said.

"Cricket," Another four winged dragon with antennas said. "you're doing it again." The yellow and black dragon-Cricket- turned to the other one. "Oh gosh! Sorry! I ask a lot of questions! Oh right! I'm Cricket! And this is Blue!" She said, pointing at the dragon beside her.

"Oh, and this is Sundew." Cricket said, nodding toward the two winged dragon. "I'm a HiveWing, Blue's a SilkWing, and Sundew's a LeafWing! Oooooh, what are your names?"

Winter felt a bit sick. Great. Another Kinkajou, except maybe a smart one. "I'm Winter, and I'm an IceWing." He said. "This is Moon, and she's a NightWing. She can read minds and see the future."

Moon waved, but she looked like she wanted to disappear. Without thinking, Winter put his wing around her and Moon seemed to shrink back into it. "Omm! That's sooo cute!! Awwwwww! Are you guys dating??!!" Cricket asked.

Winter and Moon exchanged a glance. "Ehhhhh.....no." The IceWing said. Cricket still looked interested. "Sooo, do you have any powers, Winter?" The HiveWing asked.

"I have frostbreath." Winter said. "Cool! I'm supposed to have some sort of power, but I don't! Isn't that weird??!!" Cricket said. "Oh! Blue's a flamesilk! That means he can make silk that has FIRE in it!! And Sundew's a warrior and one of the few surviving LeafWings left the Tre-"

"Don't tell them everything, HiveWing!" Sundew interrupted. The LeafWing glared at Winter. "We don't know it we can trust them."

"They seem nice." Blue said. Sundew turned and glared at him. "That's what they seem like." She said.

A warrior and a flamesilk, huh? Winter thought. Maybe they could help us defeat Darkstalker and free everyone.