Rewrite of First Chapter

Hello

Yes it's me

I'm back

Just thought this what be fun

2020 now

Winter's POV

Winter never thought he'd be flying with Foeslayer, the NightWing dragon that had started the great burning rivalry between the IceWings and NightWings.

If you had told four year old Winter that he'd be freeing Foeslayer to go save his friends from different tribes, he'd laughed in your face and then frosted it.

But now? Winter didn't think it was that crazy. He had let dragons get closed to him. He let himself get attached.

Now look at what he's doing.

He blinked. The sun was just coming up. A warm feeling filled his body, seeping into his scales. He shuddered. That was weird.

Foeslayer's glittering black scales were easy to spot in the light. She had a tight look on her face, as if neither happy or unhappy about joining Winter on his trip.

He frowned. He was still not entirely sure that this dragon was innocent. Sure, she and Arctic fell in love, thus ending in them running away together, but Winter did not who she really was. Was she how they say in the stories full-grown dragons told their kids? Cunning and evil?

A voice chuckled. Winter turned sharply to Foeslayer, but found no trace that it was NightWing who had laughed. He whipped his head around. He couldn't spot anybody.

He turned back to Foeslayer with a suspicious look.

Blaming the NightWing now, Winter?

Winter almost shouted out. He whipped his head left and right. No sign of anyone.

Ugh, you IceWings truly are annoying.

Winter narrowed his eyes. There may be a voice in his head that could possibly get him killed, but that certainly did not give whoever this dragon was the right to insult his tribe.

I have every right to insult your tribe. The voice defended. Then it sighed. Ugh, whatever. I can't believe I'm saying. I need...your...h...he...

Winter scowled. Spit it out, you stupid walrus snout!

I need your help! The voice screamed. Winter raised an eyebrow. Moon's in trouble.

Now that got his attention. Winter was willing to listen to the voice now. Who in Pyrrhia are you?

It paused. For a moment, Winter was afraid he never would have found out how Moonwatcher was in trouble, but then the voice spoke.

Darkstalker.

Okay, definitely not what Winter was expecting.

What the f-

Look, do you want to save your little girlfriend or not? Was it just Winter, or was the voice a bit fainter than it was originally? He blushed at the thought of Moon being his girlfriend.

You're the only one I can reach right now. The voice said mournfully. Winter scoffed. As if talking to him was that bad. Icicle told your aunt some things about Moon and you. The whole IceWing army is now going to Possibility. Yep, the voice was definitely fading now. Do you want me to tell you what they are going to do when they find your friends? It was now just barely above a whisper. Winter could barely hear. Especially Moonwatcher? You need to get ther-

And it was gone.

To say that Winter was panicking was the biggest understatement of the year. He stopped, flapping his wings but staying in place.

What was he going to do? How did Darkstalker even know what Icicle had done?

Were his friends going to die because of him?

Foeslayer noticed him halt and flew back towards him.

"What?" She asked.

Winter shook his head. "Nothing...it's nothing." Should he tell her?

Foeslayer did not look convinced, but didn't pry either. They continued to fly.

"So.." she said slowly. Winter turned to look at her. "Tell me about your friends."

Lord, what did I do to deserve this?

"Qibli," he decided on saying. A very dumb decision, to be honest. "Er, he's a SandWing." He hesitated. "He's...he's my best friend. But don't you dare tell him that. I'll never hear the end of it."

"Interesting," Foeslayer mused.

But there's nothing interesting about Qibli.

"Um, then there's a RainWing-Kinkajou," he continued. "Really, she's just a hyperactive monkey in dragon scales."

Foeslayer snorted and gestured for him to continue.

"Uh, Turtle, I guess. SeaWing. Hides in the shadows a lot."

Winter smiled softly. "Then there's Moonwatcher, or Moon," he said, hoping he didn't sound so dreamy. "NightWing. She's sweet, and gentle, and she's just so mysterious and-" he cut himself off before he could say more. Bright blue blood rushed to his cheeks.

Foeslayer was trying not to burst out laughing. Winter glared at her, resulting in her actually bursting out laughing.

He looked ahead to ignore her teasing. Relief filled him.

He could see Possibility now.