Inexperienced Battle Mercy (Overwatch) x Soldier Reader

Fanart by NeoArtcorE

Sometime during the Ominic war

(y/n): So what's the plan Commander?

76: Well gotta deliver the bomb to the omniic factory. Make sure your all ready, the battle has already started so we'll be going to sneak in. I'm going to go speak to Ana and Reyes. 

76 left leaving the reader and Mercy alone.

(y/n): Hiya! Names (y/n). I don't think i've ever seen you in the strike team.

Mercy: M-my name i-is A-angela, but people call me M-mercy...

(y/n): This your first time in the battlefield Mercy?

Mercy nodded.

(y/n): Don't worry, just stay behind the strike team. We'll cover you as much as we can. I won't let a medic get hurt in my watch!

Mercy blushed.

Mercy: O-okay. I'll M-make sure you don't get hurt.

Skip

The group only consisted by 76, (y/n), McCree, and Mercy. The group managed to fight their way into a narrow hallway.

76: Dammit! Everyone hide behind the pillars.

76 and McCree hid behind their closet pillar. A ominic pointed their weapon at Mercy, but (y/n) managed to see it.

(y/n): Watch out Mercy!

The Ominic shot at her but (y/n) managed to block it by jumping in the way. The laser managed to hit his arm, damaging it. McCree shot that same ominic , and with 76's help they managed to clean the rest of bots in the hallway. Mercy quickly ran towards (y/n) and pulled out her med-kit.

Mercy: I'm so Sorry! I couldn't react and just froze. 

Mercy looked on the verge of tears. 

(y/n): It's okay mercy. I'm fine, heck they didn't get my shooting arm. Just heal me and i'll be back in the fight.

Mercy didn't look calm and frantically tried to patch (y/n).

76: At easy you two. Cadet, patch him up. Me and McCree will go at the end of the hallway and see if any more are coming.

Mercy nodded and help (n/y) more calmly. 

(y/n): Ow...

Mccree: That looks painful, hope something doesn't damage my arm like that.

76 and McCree left to defend the two.

Mercy: I'm sorry... It's my fault you got hurt.

(y/n): It's okay Mercy. It's your first time in battle. It's hard to get past mistakes like these, but it's something we have to get used too. Not every battle is perfect.

Mercy: Maybe it was a mistake coming to fight. I'm too much of a coward, I should have stayed home and helped returning soldiers.

(y/n) patted her back it comfort. 

(y/n): Well I think you brave Mercy. Not many people have the courage to enter a war. 

Mercy gave him a weak smile and finished patching his injured arm.

Mercy: Just promise you won't get hurt again.

(y/n): I promise.

Skip

The two grouped up and managed to continue fighting until they reached the main reactor room.

76: (y/n) set up the bomb in the reactor! We'll cover you.

(y/n) nodded and ran towards a blind spot in the reactor.

76, McCree and Mercy hid behind some crates. Many bots were coming in a doorway, making it easy to take care of them. That was until a bigger ominic came in.

McCree: Its a OR-15 Unit!

76: Hurry (y/n)! We have a few minutes until the heavier bots start coming!

(y/n): Got it! Let's get out of here!

The four ran quickly in the back entrance. the OR-15 unit launched a rocket shot towards them was was too late to hit them. The bomb exploded a few minutes later.

Skip

Back in the airship, 76 and McCree went to report the mission success. Leaving Mercy and (y/n) alone again.

(y/n): well that msission went well. we made it out with only a hurt arm from me.

(y/n) laughed, but stopped when he noticed Mercy's angry expression.

Mercy: You- You idiot! You almost die and all you can do is laugh!

(y/n): S-sorry!

Mercy calmed down a little but was still upset. She suddenly got red.

Mercy:  W-well it now makes sense now that I gotta be with you to make sure you are okay! As a Doctor, it's my responsibility to make sure I can't let you get hurt again! So you better get used to me being part of your team form now on. Now get some rest.

(n/y) smiled and slept the whole way back to the base. Mercy sat next to him and leaned on him, also sleeping. 76 and McCree noticed them after finishing the report, but decided to leave them be.