Baker Reader x Ruby (RWBY)

Fan Art by mistEcru

Sometime between volume 2 and 3

Some Bakery in Vale.

Team rwby were planning a surprise party for Nora, so they entered a bakery that was known to have the best cakes around the City of Vale. They were amazed at the amount of sweets and the amount of variety.

Ruby: wow! look at all the cookies and cupcakes.

Ruby drooled a little, making weiss sighed in embarrassment at their leader. Blake and Yang smiled at Ruby and went to check out the cake section. Weiss and Ruby went to the front counter and was approached by (y/n)

(y/n): hiya! do you require any assistance?

Weiss: Hmm, let me have one of everything please.

(y/n) blinked in surprise at her request. Weiss noticed this and explained the odd request.

Weiss: it's not all for us, its for a party we are having and our friend has a big sugar tooth.

Yang and Blake made their way to the two. Yang was carrying a massive rainbow cake.

Blake: We'll be taking this too.

Yang: Yeah! Nora is gonna love this party.

(y/n) began packing all the sweets into various bags. Ruby secretly snatched a cookie, but weiss caught her.

Weiss: you dolt! We can't eat that until we pay for it.

Ruby: Aww, but look how good it looks, Weiss. Besides we are going to pay for it anyways.

Ruby whined. (y/n) laughed and waved his hand.

(y/n): it's okay. I don't mind you eating them before paying. I trust ya to pay for it.

Ruby smirked at Weiss and ate the cookie.

Ruby: Thanks. I'm Ruby, this is Weiss, that's yang and the black one is Blake.

Weiss: Hello.

Blake: Hi.

Yang: Sup

(y/n): Nice to meet ya. I'm (y/n), i'm the owner of the establishment.

Yang: Hmm how old are ya friend? You seem kinda young to own a building in the city.

(y/n): I'm 16.

Blake: And your working here instead of attending a academy?

(y/n): Yeah, I take care of my families bakery. I'm not much of a fighter. I'm just good at making sweets to eat.

Ruby: And their delicious!

(Y/n) blushed at the compliment.

(y/n): T-thanks.

Team ruby paid for everything and said their goodbyes.

Skip

A week later

(Y/n) was stocking in more fresh cupcakes when he heard the door open. He saw Ruby and Yang walked in.

Ruby: Hiya pal. i came for more cookies.

Ruby smiled, and drooled a little, when she saw the fresh cookies.

(y/n): how many do you want? Each cookie is 10 Lien(Idk lien conversion so lets say its 20 cents).

Ruby pulled out 200 lien and gave it to him.

(n/y): Ty, here have an extra 5 cookies.

Ruby beamed with a smile.