03 || will

-Hi, I don't know if you take requests but if you do could you do one where Will comes back from LA and Alex missed him like crazy so next time he leaves Will takes Alex with him?

man everybody rlly likes will.....not a complaint bc i do too uwu anon request from tumblr

im also suffering from a killer cold and my brain doesnt work very well rn (not that it does much anyway) so forgive me if this subpar compared to other things ive done ):

————————

"Missed you," Will murmurs with a weak chuckle lacing his voice. He sounds dazed and sleepy, like he could pass out any second. Alex wouldn't blame him if he did. "Missed you so much, Al, you would've loved LA."

Alex snorts at him and wriggles his way out of Will's arms wrapped tightly around him. He didn't expect Will to be back so early, and expected him to crawl into bed behind him even less. (No matter what Will tells people, Alex did not squeal when mystery hands suddenly enveloped him from behind.)

"I guess I missed you too. But you can keep LA to yourself; that's where all dreams go t'die." Alex missed him. He missed Will so fucking much. He hates LA for taking him away.

"Fine, I'll gladly take all the nice, warm temperatures that London decides to take the piss with." Will hums as he squirms his way over the bed to Alex, who knew there was no escaping another embrace from the other man. Alex had missed Will like he would a missing limb, but he wasn't about to admit just how much he did. Will had a big enough head already.

"Keep it, all of it's yours." Alex rolls his eyes when Will laughs lazily into his chest. "Don't tell me you've been back ten minutes and you're already passin' out on me."

"Mmm, 'm not, swear it." Will lifts his head from its spot on Alex's chest to grin at him, as if to somehow prove he's definitely not drifting of, even though he definitely is. It only lasts a few seconds before his head lolls back down and slumps sideways, like he's a tired puppy post-walk.

God, Alex had missed this man. Despite his constant mantra of needing to work playing on a repeated track in his head, Alex missed Will the whole week he was gone in America. A part of him wishes he could've taken Will up on the offer to go with him, but he feels horrible enough taking a simple weekend off of videos. He couldn't spend a week in LA just like that.

"What happened to all those promises y'made me? What you'd do after you get back?"

"Pfft," Will scoffs at him. "I'll do those in th' mornin'. I'd screw you now if I didn't feel like I was just shot in the knees."

"Very dramatic, but reasonable, I s'pose." Alex pets the other's hair. It's all messed up at the front and perfectly flat at the back, probably thanks to a cap he'd worn for far too long that day. It's reminiscent of how it looks when Will wakes up, and it serves as a friendly reminder that he's not going to sleep alone in Will's bed every night until he comes home. Alex had hated sleeping alone in his own bed, and hated the empty space left behind everywhere in Will's flat. He doesn't intend to tell Will that.

"Whatevs," Will nudges the hand out of his hair and rolls over onto his back beside Alex. "I slept so shite in LA without you. Hotel neighbours kept shaggin' at like, three in the morning every night." He's definitely going to pass out, by the looks of things. Will's eyes keep slowly shutting and blinking open every few seconds.

"You say that like you weren't the noisy one on the phone your second day there." Alex reminds him. It's not exactly an exaggeration either; George had probably heard Will over the phone in the next room, he sounded that loud. Not that Alex was fully concentrating on volume. "But sleep, yeah? We can talk tomorrow, after you've slept off the jetlag."