Escape

Izuku finished the quizzes and called the detective, doctor and nurse back in. Though, when he entered, Naomasa had a worried look on his face. He didn't voice his worries, but just took the papers away to be marked.

"Thank you for your time, Izuku. We'll be leaving now." Naomasa said, bowing slightly before exiting the room.

The doctor and nurse did a few more check ups on Izuku before leaving themselves. The greenette lay back down, head rolling to the side as he stared out the window up at the darkening blue sky. Thoughts raked his brain as he stared, trying to block out the voice imprinted into his head that constantly nagged him. He closed his eyes, wanting to get as much rest as he could.

"̶S̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶g̶g̶l̶i̶n̶g̶.̶"̶
"̶Y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶.̶"̶
̶"̶D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶"̶
"̶Y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶p̶i̶e̶c̶e̶.̶"̶
"̶T̶h̶i̶s̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶.̶"̶
"̶S̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶!̶ ̶H̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶m̶e̶!̶"̶
"̶N̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶"̶
"̶S̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶!̶"̶
"̶Y̶o̶u̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶"̶
"̶S̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶!̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶!̶"̶
"̶I̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶s̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶s̶.̶.̶.̶"̶
"̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶e̶s̶c̶a̶p̶e̶.̶"̶
"̶S̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶!̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶!̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶!̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶.̶.̶.̶"̶
"̶N̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶.̶.̶"̶

Izuku shot up, panting and clutching his chest. Rage flashed in his eyes, clouding them in darkness and he punched the wall. Blood dripped down his knuckles as he laughed. He held his head, pain coursing through his arm as his cackled. It soon turned to sobbing. He grasped at his hair, tears streaming down his face. He tore the glasses off his face, ripping the night gown he was in and wrapping it around his left eye tightly. He cleaning the blood off his hand before collapsing back onto the bed. His vision blurred as the tears rolled down his cheeks. He closed his eye, welcoming the darkness as it consumed him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*Beep- Beep- Beep-*

The heart monitor woke Izuku, his green eye fluttering open. He looked to the left, seeing a nurse writing things down on a notepad. The same nurse from before. She looked down, black eyes connecting with his green one.

"I see you're awake. How are you feeling?" She asked, strands of her black hair falling over her face.

"...I feel okay..." Izuku replied, turning his head to face the ceiling.

Don't lie to yourself. You feel like shit.

"Shut it." He murmured, just loud enough for only him to hear.

Okay, okay. No need to get hostile here. I'll keep quiet. It's not like they can hear me anyway.

"So annoying..." Izuku turned back to the nurse, though, it seems she already left. "Alone again... this feeling I know to well. Being isolated by myself. How I hate it."

Izuku sat up, feeling his muscles ache. He ignored the pain and ripped the IV's from his arm. He grabbed the glasses that rested next to him and heaved himself out of the bed. Landing softly on the ground, he steadily made his way to the door. It opened automatically. He peered out, looking left and right. All clear. Clutching the glasses, he silently ran down the hall, only hearing the soft thud of his feet, almost inaudible. He ran as fast as his 9 year old legs could take him, down the hallway. He reached the stairs, opening the door and going down. Talking. He stopped on the second floor, hearing commotion down below. He was gonna have to wait them out.

Go through that door. There's a laundry first door on the right. You need new clothes. Can't be walking around in this hospital gown all day.

Izuku followed the voices instructions, carefully opening the door and running down to the first door on the right. He opened it slightly, peering in. No one to be seen. He entered quietly, closing the door behind him. He walked over to a pile of clean clothes, searching through. Black shirt, green hoodie with bunny ears, ripped jeans and socks. He stripped of the gown and pulled the new clothes on.

Shoes are over by the door.

He stepped over other piles of clothes, reaching the shoes. He grabbed a pair of dark red sneakers, pulling them on. He ripped the cloth that covered his left eye off, pushing the glasses up on his nose.

Check the stairs again. If there's no nearby commotion, run down and leave immediately.

Izuku nodded slightly, opening the door and leaving the room. He stuffed his tiny hands into the pockets of the hoodie, silently walking back down the hallway. He opened the door to the stairway, hearing quieter talking. It was still audible, meaning they were near the staircase. He slowly made his way down. Thud, thud, thud. He glued himself to the wall right beside the door, ears listening to the conversation.

"There's something strange about that kid. The one with the clockwork quirk."

"It's to be expected. Those villains were experimenting on him."

Izuku clutched his chest, trying to keep himself calm.

Don't think about that. You need to escape. Only focus on that goal. Don't let those words distract you. Just breathe.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Izuku calmed his racing heart, pressing his ear against the cold metal of the door.

"We need to keep a close eye on him. He's not himself right now."

"Been a whole year since we brought him here. But, he only started to act differently two months ago. Not even his own mother can get through the him."

"It'll take time."

"Sioyaki! Josai! Shift break."

"Thanks!"

Footsteps died out, as well as the conversation. They were gone.

Now's our chance. Let's go!

Izuku opened the door, looking around before making a break for it. He ran at full speed to the exit, hearing a few shouts behind him. Ignoring them, he ran fast. The large glass doors were in sight. The bright sky alighting his path. He pulled the glasses off, focusing on the doors. They shot open. They were in reach.

"Stop! You could injure yourself! Please stop right now!" A doctor called from behind.

Izuku didn't care. That's how it was back in that basement. No one listened to him. Why should he listen to these people he doesn't even know? He ran out, skidding as he turned left. He propped the glasses back where they should be as he ran down the cobble path. He was free. Finally free. This is all he ever wanted. To finally be free.