One vs One, 1st & 2nd Battle

"Allllllright! Who's ready for some one on one battles!" Present Mic's voice boomed through the loud speakers, earning cheers from the stadium. "Our first match up of today will be..." a picture of Izuku and a purplenette from general studies popped up on the screen. "Shinsou Hitoshi from general studies, class 1-C!" The crowd cheered as he walked up to the giant cement block produced by Cementoss for the battles. "And from the heroics class, Midoriya Izuku from class 1-A!" Izuku stepper out of the tunnel and into the blinding sunshine and loud cheers and yells from the crowd.

He stood at his end of the cement block, looking over at his opponent as Midnight stood off the to side to start the match. "Are you both ready?" The two nodded. "Let the match, begin!"

"Yo! So you're from the heroics class, huh? That must be nice," Hitoshi started to talk, scratching the back of his neck as he did. "You know, I wanted to be in heroics. But my quirk wasn't suited to the test and I was denied entry to that class."

'A mental quirk, presuming. Something to do with verbal responses. So as long as I keep my mouth shut, I can win.' Izuku thought, stepping forwards.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Come on, speak. What? Did your friend stop you from talking? The guy who decided to quit? What an idiot," Izuku grit his teeth, opting to stay quiet against the taunts. "I guess he isn't your friend if you're not defending him. That's just sad, really."

Izuku lunged forwards, hands balled into fists as he barreled it into Hitoshi's stomach, launching him backwards and towards the edge of the stadium. He regained his composure and rushed forwards, skidding right as Izuku swung his leg around, narrowly missing his opponent. He turned and blocked a punch from the purplenette, retaliating with his own face. Hitoshi brought his arms up to take the blow, staggering backwards from the power behind the punch. Izuku pushed him back as he struggled to regain himself, causing him to fall over and out of bounds.

"Shinsou is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to the next round." Midnight announced, the crowd cheering loudly for the winner.

Izuku walked over to his opponent, holding out a hand to him. "You fought great, Shinsou. I'm sure with practice, you'll be the victor next time." He helped Hitoshi up onto his feet, smiling at him.

"I didn't do much. If I could use my quirk, then I might've had a better chance," Hitoshi said, scratching the back of his neck. "You're lucky you're in the heroics course. Everyone else here is just here to make you guys look better. You wouldn't know what it's like to be at the bottom of the barrel."

A frown settled on Izuku's face as his open eye stared at the male. "I know what it's like to be at the bottom. To feel helpless with no will of your own. I've been there before. You're not alone in this world. And if you feel the need to talk to someone, I'm here if you need me." Izuku watched as his opponent nodded and left, heading back into the tunnel he came through. 'I'm sure he'll be fine.' He turned around and left the block, heading down the steps and into the tunnel.

Don't worry so much. You have y̶͔͑o̷̫͎̼̠̲̮͊̓u̶͎̖͗͌͝r̸̛̜̐̍͜͝ŝ̷̭̉̽̎̀ẹ̴̛̪͖̯̣̻́͋̆́l̶̙̜̰͔͗͋̅̓͘f̴̰̼̘̉̎͗̐̚͝ ̵̨̦͚͙͍̦̚ẗ̵̨̜̯̥͎́̈̽̏̒̓ő̴͙̣̣̑̓ ̵̧̯̝̯̞͊̈́̆̎̃͗w̵̪̱̎̕ȏ̵̻̉͌r̷̜̼̿̿̾r̴̗̯̬̗̊͛̀̓̐y̷̥̓͊ ̶̢̬̗̥̣̿̈́̀ä̶͉̦̺̝́͗͗͛͗̊b̷̪̲̋͗o̴̡̱̤̲̦̩͋̉͐u̷͓̎t̴̖̼̜͝. Plus, I'm sure he has others to confide in. Just focus on the festival. Kacchn would be pissed i̷̠̝̇̆͋̂́̋͘f̷̢̛̟̠͍͈͂͋͛ ̴̧̝͙̟͙͇͂̀̅̏͂̐ͅy̵̡̢̼̓̈́̔ỏ̷̝͎u̷̧̯̦͇̗̓͗ ̷̯̰̦̙̎̀f̵̠͈͐̈́̉͌̀̀͠a̷̡̨͈̱̩̠̥̔͗́ĭ̵̢͔͙͈̬̳̑̚l̸̨̥͓̉͂͊̽͗̕̕e̴̡̖̙̭̤̼̬̎͛̒̈́͌̕d̸͖̯̄̀̉̄̆ ̴̲̬̜̟͆͂̎͛͗n̴̢͉͍̲̤͆͒̎͘̚ǫ̵̼̥̦̰̣̓̽̆͜w̸̤̤̭̠̤̃͊̅͑̍̕͝.̵̧̙͖͇̝̽͑̿̾͝ ̴̆͒́́͆͘͜.

Izuku headed up to the stands, finding his class and taking a seat beside Denki. He noted that Shouto and Hanta were gone, getting ready for their match. He leaned back in his seat, listening to the commotion around him before the loud speakers turned back on as Present Mic's voice rung out clear and loud. 

"Alllrighty folk! Are you ready for the next match?!" Roars of delight erupted from the crowd, deafening Izuku a bit from the sheer noise of the commotion. "Give it up for our next two competitors! From the heroics course, seemingly a spider-man ripoff, it's Sero Hanta from class 1-A!" Hanta headed out onto the stage, looking a bit sheepish from the attention and comment. "Against his classmate, the resident icy boy from the heroics course, Todoroki Shouto from class 1-A!" Shouto walked out with a stoic look plastered on his face. 

"Are you ready?!" Midnight asked, holding her whip up in the air. The two opponents nodded, getting in stance as they waited for Midnight's word. "Already then. Start!" 

"I might not win, but I'll still try!" Hanta shot his tapes from his elbows, wrapping them around Shouto and swung him around, skidding his across the concrete battle arena towards the boarder. 

Shouto froze the tape before he hit the boarder, freezing it up to Hanta's elbows. He broke the frozen tape wrapped around his chest, stomping on the ground and sending shards of ice towards his opponent who tried to avoid the attack, but couldn't. He was frozen solid in a large, spiky block of ice, freezing half of the arena and stadium. He twitched and tried to move his arms or legs, but could only manage to blink and breathe. 

Midnight, though half frozen by the ice covering the stadium, cleared her throat and spoke. "Sero Hanta. Can you move?" Hanta muttered out a "no", ceasing his struggled attempts at moving. "Sero Hanta is unable to move. Todoroki wins!" 

The crowd cheered, though slightly afraid of the ice inches from piercing their faces. Shouto walked up to Hanta and placed his left hand against the ice, glancing up and glaring at the number 2 hero. He released his classmate and removed all the ice before turning back and heading back into the tunnel shrouded in shadow. He and Hanta joined the rest of his classmates to watch the next match, hearing the buzzing of the crowd as the next match-up was announced.