Chapter 2

Author POV(MMT03)

"Play the next episode," everyone demanded.

Meanwhile, Megure was still curious about those suspicious figures. "What are the names of those men in black?"

"Uh, you kinda have to watch the show to find out," I murmured.

Kogorou spoke up. "The show looks like it's more about that jerk Shinichi than Conan. Where does Conan come in?"

"You 'meet' Conan in the next episode."

Everyone was pressing me for answers. I don't do well under pressure, so I snapped. "EVERYONE SHUT UP!"

They all got really quiet really fast. "I'm not going to tell you everything. You all need to treat this like a big mystery. I'm not saying another word."

I could tell what mostly everyone was thinking. I could tell Ran was starting to wonder who Conan really is; Conan was probably freaking out, and Haibara…never mind. It's not like anyone could ever determine what she was thinking ever to begin with.

I pressed play for the next episode. Everyone watched as Shinichi's shrunken body ran through the streets. He looked at his reflection. He couldn't even get into his own house!

I heard a few chuckles as Dr. Agasa's wall blew up. He couldn't believe it was really Shinichi. Then everyone in the room knew who it was when they saw him put on the traditional Conan outfit.

To my surprise, they were all too wrapped up in the mystery to pin down Conan for an explanation.

Agasa braced Conan's shoulders and told him that no one-absolutely no one-could know his secret. Ran walked in, and that's when Conan Edogawa came to be.

I knew that would be a good time to pause. Sonoko looked infuriated. "You made Ran worried sick, and yet you were freeloading off of her the whole time!"

Conan couldn't answer that. "So let me get this straight," Megure noted, trying to unravel all the complications. "You've been Kudo Shinichi this whole time?!"
Conan couldn't answer that either. Kogorou spoke up. "So why have you been living with me?"
I spoke up. "That is in this next little bit of the episode. Now before I press play, I suggest everyone get out everything they want to say right now."

Mitsuhiko chimed in. "Well, I think it's cool how you're actually a 17-year-old detective."

"I guess that explains what makes him so smart," Genta realized.

Ran decided to talk. "I'm glad that I was able to see for myself what happened so I could understand the situation better, but I still don't get why you didn't tell me. Why did you trick me for all this time? I was so worried. It really hurts, Shinichi."
Conan remained silent. Sonoko jabbed him. "What do you have to say for yourself, squirt?" All eyes were on him. He sighed, and finally said, "If they found out I was alive, they would stop at nothing to do me in, as well as anyone else who was associated with me."

"So that's why you always said not to mention that Kudo Shinichi was ever involved in any of the cases," Megure suggested. "Right?"
Conan gave a subtle nod.

Everyone was silent, until I said, "Do we want to finish this or what?"
"YES," everyone commanded in sync.

So we finished the episode, and got started on episode three. After that, the Detective Boys had been introduced, and everyone knew what made Kogorou the Sleeping Kogorou, despite that he wouldn't admit it.

We kept watching episodes up to number 72, and movies 1-4, until about 11:45, when I decided to go to bed. "Well, I've got to get back to the hotel. Goodnight, all. We'll continue in the morning."