Chapter 7

Author POV

We all flipped. "Are you serious?"
She seemed very calm about the whole ordeal. "Yes, I'm quite serious. Now like I suggested, go contact FBI and Interpol."

"That sounds like a good idea," Ran agreed.

There was a sound coming from the other end of the phone.

"What was that," we all demanded.

Haibara sounded distressed now. "Someone's trying to break into the hotel room. I don't know who it is."

She was silent. When she came back, Haibara sounded the most distressed I have ever heard that emotionless automaton get. "It's-it's-it's Vermouth!"

"What the fudge is Vermouth doing there," I exclaimed.
"I don't know, but what should I do?"

"Call the police," Mitsuhiko suggested.

"Aren't you with Inspector Megure, though?"

"I'm not the only police, you know," Megure snapped. "There are other police in Beika!"
We heard the sound of someone lock-picking. "She's coming!" That was followed by the sound of the door opening and a muffled yelp, then two feminine voices.

"Moshi-Moshi," chirped a bubbly voice that sounded too peppy to be Vermouth. "I am WuChang, and this is my partner Vermouth. We're kidnapping Haibara AKA Miyano Shiho. Isn't this exciting?"

"Shut up, WuChang," insisted a more cold voice, most likely Vermouth. "Turn off the phone, seriously! Do you have to tell them everything?"

"My real name's Shiota Kayano and her real name is Sarah Bane. We work for the black organization. We're taking Haibara to a secret location, where our boss Takamachi Kenta is keeping Edogawa Conan AKA Kudo Shinichi, where we're going to kill them because they know everything! So smart! I wonder how much Kuroba-kun knows. If he's alive and listening, I want him to know that what I did wasn't anything personal, just the Organization needs Pandora for-"

"Shut up, Baka, now THEY know everything," Vermouth hissed.

"But I thought you said I have to tell them everything!"

"No, I said, 'do you have to tell them everything?'. It was a question, which also means, 'Shut up'."

"That hurt."

"How you are a top-ranking member is beyond me. Now get the flash drive and turn off the phone and let's get out of here."

The phone hung up.

"Well, that gave us some insight into what's going on here," Heiji noted.

"I hope they don't take my laptop," I pleaded. "That's the only laptop that has access to both dimensions, and it's only on that laptop that I can watch Detective Conan with y'all."

They all paused, then all agreed that if they took my laptop that would suck, and with this time Megure at the wheel, we hit the road and eventually made the trip back to Beika.

The whole time Kaito was complaining about how his clothes were too big, but none of us were listening. About half the people in the car had fingers crossed that the computer was still there. I was humming resume and revive, and sang the parts that I knew. I had Ran and eventually Sonoko singing with me, and that made up for the horrible screeching of my voice.

We reached the hotel and we raced up to the hotel suite. The door had been left ajar, and Haibara was missing, along with her phone and the flash drive.

But, the laptop was still there.

We all sighed in relief.

"Since we don't have any leads to Kudo-dono's location yet, we might as well," I said, gesturing to the laptop.

With a few exceptions, mostly everyone nodded in agreement.

That evening we zoomed through all the episodes to half-way through episode 620, when we reached 15% battery life, and decided to call it a night.

Once they all left, I curled myself under all my blankets into the fetal position, and stared at the ceiling, waiting to fall asleep.

I looked at the clock. It was 2:14. It had been five hours since everyone left. Would I ever sleep tonight?

I heard a knock on the door that made me jump.

"Who's there," I shouted.

There was no answer.

"Who's there," I shouted again.

I opened the door cautiously. What if Shiota Kayano and Vermouth were after ME this time?

It was Ran. She was with someone…actually a few someone's. Their names were Kazuha, Takagi, Chiba, Shiratori, & Sato. "Hi, MMT.," Ran said quietly. "I kind of thought they should know…about the thing on your laptop, and this whole issue. Could we come in?"

I nodded, and they all filed in. I watched to the point where all of them had been introduced, and then they spoke their mind.

"I knew he was too smart to be a little kid," Sato noted.

"Well that explains why Heiji is always calling him Kudo and wanting to hang out with him."

"This is all hard to take in," Chiba exclaimed.

"You said it," Takagi agreed.

"Do you want to watch some more or should we stop there for the night…" I asked. I looked at the clock. It was 4:19 AM. "Wow, is it that late already?"

Ignoring my comment, they all insisted we watch more, until at 7 AM when I got a call from Heiji. "Where are ya?"

"At my hotel suite with a bunch of police watching Detective Conan; why, where are YOU?"

"I'm with Sonoko and Kaito buying Kaito some new clothes. He was annoying the heck out of us last night to get him some new clothes that fit him."

"Hai; so why are you calling?"

"Well, we need to meet up with the rest of everybody and start the search up for Haibara and Kudo."

"Hai, I'll contact them. Where should we rendezvous?"

"Meet us at the agency."

I hung up and looked at everyone, who were very engrossed in the show. I closed the lid, and they all frowned at me.

"We've got to rendezvous with Heiji and the others at the agency. C'mon, we can watch the show later."

As we all headed out of my suite, I murmured, "Ooh, I love saying rendezvous! It's almost as fun as saying ricochet!"

___________________________________

Omg I can't stop calling Shinichi Kudo-dono 😂😂 its too hilarious I can't!!