-10-

: Him

SHE WAS in the library.

Her nose hidden behind a thick book. Her back was pressed against the cold wall while she sat Indian style. She thumbed through the thin oniony pages, her mouth hung open slightly and I snickered at the sight before me.

I grabbed a book of my interest and walked over to where she sat. She met my eyes, and much to my surprise they were glistening with tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting down, my position identical to hers.

"I love this book." She said before swiping the back of her hand under her eye removing the trace of any wetness.

I looked at the cover page of the book.

The Fault In Our Stars.

I love that book too.

"Same." I stated. "There's so much more to it."

"What do you mean?"

I stalled. She poked my arm, urging me to go on.

"Care to explain?"

"It's just that a certain sickness doesn't define who you are. It's just a piece of you, you know? And everyone around us is fighting their own battles, believe it or not." I said glancing around the library. "In the end, everyone you care for just disappears anyway, right before your eyes. But that's just what life is."

I paused to look at her. Hoping she would comprehend the meaning behind my words.

"Sometimes you have to hide your own demons to make someone else's go away."