-40-

⌈ play the song now⌋

: Her

'Hello to whoever is listening. I made this voice recording specifically for Valerie so if anyone else is listening to this besides her, please press stop right now.

And Valerie?

How are you doing, love? Am I still around?

I know you must be really confused right now but please listen, I'll explain everything.

So let's start at the very beginning, shall we? The first day I saw you, you were gripping that clicker of yours and you had your head facing the ground.  And something about you intrigued me. I tried multiple times to talk to you but none of them worked cause I chickened out at the last minute.

And the day I first talked to you? That was also the day I found out about my sickness. And I was scared. So so scared.

I made a promise to myself to make you happy before I... left. Trust me it was hard. But I tried nevertheless.

And then one day, I started to think about you. And that's when I knew, I had fallen for you. I didn't want you to know. Of course I didn't. I didn't want to do anything to make you fall in love with me. I knew that one day, it was going to hurt both of us. So I kept it all to myself, falling harder and harder for you every passing minute.

My love for you grew gradually. You personality, your voice, your humor, the way you looked away and smiled, and in the end it all came clear to me that you were exactly what I was looking for. And I hope everyday, that you'll realise it too. 

I gave you that clicker cause I wanted to leave something behind before I left. I wanted you to use me to make yourself happy.

I never really talked to anyone before about my mental health and when I finally opened up to you, I felt free.

I was happy. The happiest I have ever been.

That's when I realised that I too, was using you to make myself happy.

I wanted to back down, I swear I did but I was far too gone and I still wonder how the favorite sight to most people is sunsets and rain and how mine could be a single girl's smile. It's crazy how close we became in such a short time yet you still managed to become one of the most important things in my life.

Val, please, don't be afraid to fall in love again. Don't be afraid to let your guard down once in a while.

Just know that I will love you with all your flaws,

Without any metaphor,

I love you.

Just the way you are.

Goodbye, Val. Until we meet again.'