-30-

: Him

WHAT I didn't expect was for her to wake up at that exact moment.

I drew back my hand as my eyes flew open in unison with hers. She glanced around the room with rapid eye movements before returning back to mine. Neither one of us spoke for a few seconds.

"Sorry, I should go now." she said but made no move whatsoever to get up, probably because my hand was still cupping the side of her face and her legs were still tangled with mine.

I started to trace circles on her cheek, coaxing a gasp of surprise out of her. With her cheeks blushing a crimson red she glanced up to meet my eyes. I leaned down, resting my forehead against hers.

I watched breathlessly as her eyes studied mine with silent intensity. Her warm breath ghosted over my face making me realize how close our faces were.

I wanted to savor this moment as much as I possibly could. I glanced down at her lips.

Suddenly the door slams open and Val let out a yelp as she moves away from me at the speed of light.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry! I should have knocked." my mom said turning around to leave. I chuckled as I shook my head softly. She left the room, nevertheless, closing the door only to open it once again just to mention that breakfast was ready.