-34-

: Her

"HOSEOK! PLEASE, look at me. Look. at. me." I said, my voice could barely be heard over the doctor's as he gave out instructions to the nurses.

I could feel him struggling to regulate his breathing but as soon as his eyes met mine, everything stopped. The gasps. The shaking. The yelling.

All of it.

And for a moment, everything returned back to normal. The momentary silence that surrounded us was deafening. The doctor gave me a nod before leaving the room followed by the nurses.

"Who are you?" Hoseok whispered breaking the silence. I smiled hoping it would mask the unbearable pain I was in and I reached out and wiped a stray tear from under Hoseok's eye. I then realised that I too, was crying.

"Someone who loves you. Someone who cares for you so much." I said, my voice dropping a few octaves lower. His eyes softened but the stoic feeling behind them remained constant.

The door opened and in came Miss. Jung, her hair flying wildly behind her. She rushed to Hoseok's side helping him lay down as Hoseok stared in wonder at his own mother. Miss. Jung wiped her eyes before looking at me with a look I can't seem to put into words.

A wordless emotion-

Devoid of any hope.