-32-

: Her

THE ROOM was crowded when I walked in. The buzz of conversation quietened down as soon as I stepped foot into the hospital room.

Miss. Jung stood near the sleeping form of Hoseok and as soon as she saw me she walked up to me before pulling me into a hug.

"What's going on?" I questioned, my heart drumming in my ears. My happiness was soon replaced with fear and the paper in my hand was the least of my concerns. Miss. Jung shook her head with a tight lipped smile.

"He's okay. There's no progress." she said before taking a glance at her son who laid there surrounded by nurses and a doctor in a white coat. "He's forgotten some things but the doctor said it was normal for a stage six patient of dementia."

My mouth formed an oh and before I could open my mouth to speak the doctor interrupted.

"We ran some tests on him. The anesthesia will run off in a few minutes. Let me know if you notice any changes." He said before flashing us a tight lipped, almost sympathetic smile. He exited the room along with the nurses.

"I'll let you talk with him." Miss. Jung remarked before walking out of the room, closing the door behind her softly.

I walked up to Hoseok and took a seat on the chair that was next to the bed. I let out a sigh. My hands automatically reached out to grab his and as soon as I did I couldn't help but smile.

Despite being sick, his hands were still the warmest they could possibly be.

 I was gazing at our hands when I heard it. Hoseok's voice, asking the question I've dreaded to hear from the moment I heard about his sickness. My heart stopped in its beat and my hands moved to cover my mouth as I let out a choked sob.

His question echoed in my ears and it circled around in my head squeezing out every bit of hope that was left,

"Excuse me, do I know you?"