Chapter 11: Two in One

A/n: Sorry for the wait. A lot has happened mixed with me forgetting all my stories.

Y/n and the two males traveling with her were hanging around it the woods. It's been a week since they escaped. Hanging upside down from a tree Y/n swung gently as Adrain skipped rocks across the lake. Skylar was resting against the tree carving something.

"Hey, Skylar? Why do your eyes change colors? They were brown and they turned blue. And today they are amber. Why?" Y/n asked.

Skylar turned to Y/n and smirked.

"Well my natural eye color is blue. They turned brown since I have the werewolf's soul. They are amber now most likely because I've got reaper soul mixed in. Of course the witch soul I have caused me to have green eyes," Skylar explained. "Of course I can't control it and I have a feeling one soul is trying to dominate the others. Including what's left of my vampire soul."

Y/n stopped swaying and flipped out of the tree.

"Vampire soul? Aren't we soulless?" Y/n asked.

Adrain picked up another rock and skipped it.

"It's hard to explain. We kinda do but Life can't see it. Death can though," Adrain spoke in. "A vampires soul is an empty casket. They are only as strong as your soul was in your past life. So only certain souls can fully dominate it."

Y/n, who was confused, was shocked. Skylar sensed this and tried to farther explain.

"The term soulless creature came from none other than Life. It's empty like Adrain said but it can't alway be taken over. I was born a vampire so my soul can't be fully taken over. It can make room but it cannot be taken over even in one soul was to try. You, however, if a soul like Asura's was to enter you, you'd be gone forever from this world. That's actually just one way for Vampires to be disposed."

Y/n only gave a nod unsure on how this processes worked but she had a good grasp on it. Skylar stood up and stretch his sore muscles and froze mid stretch. Adrain and Y/n froze sensing a soul. A mixture of souls. Turned to where it was they waited until they saw a girl with grey hair with faded white bangs her eyes grey with blue speckles.

"Malani, my dear sister!" Skylar sighed with relief hugging her.

The girl struggled to get out of his grip and failed. Y/n noticed her soul consist of life and what seemed to be a plain human soul. Squirming and struggling Malani tried and failed to get free from Skylar's grip.

"Release me this insistent!" She cried.

Skylar release her causing her to stumble. Brushing herself off she see glared at her brother.

"Ass..." Malani muttered.

"Aw I love you too," Skylar smirked.

Y/n and Adrain started at the two I confusion.

"You two know each other?" Y/n asked.

Skylar turned to her and smiled.

"Of course. Malani is my baby sister and weapon partner. She's a scythe and shield," Skylar boasted.

Malani turned to see Adrian and Y/n. Malani stared at them as Skylar explain that they were both the children of Ares the bloodthirsty and how Malani was half human half vampire before they put the other soul in her.

"Are you Y/n?" Malani asked breaking in.

"Yeah, that's me..."

Malani took Y/n's hand and started to drag her. Adrain quickly interfered. Malani turned to him with a dark look in her eyes. Skylar stood by knowing it wouldn't be wise to intervene.