two

The next morning, Adeline woke up with sunshine in her eyes, and faint yelling in her ears. She pushed herself into a sitting position, rubbed her eyes, and stretched her arms above her head. She threw back the covers and swung her legs over the side of the bed as a yawn passed her lips. Looking around the room, it took her a moment to realize where she was, and she broke into a grin. Quickly, she rummaged around her suitcase for her dressing gown, slipped it on, and opened the bedroom door just a bit.

"... never listen to me, Roger! The one time I ask you to do something —"

"Oh, come off it! It's not like we were having the queen over! You're making a mountain out of a molehill, Brian!"

Adeline stepped out of the bedroom, tying the rope of her dressing gown into a knot as she walked towards the yelling.

"I don't want Addy thinking we live like bums!"

"Which is why I cleaned the van!"

"Ahem." Adeline entered the room, a small smile on her lips. She fought the urge to giggle as both heads snapped towards her. She crossed her arms over her chest, arched a brow, and walked over to Brian, who kept his eyes trained on her face.

"I, uh, hope we didn't wake you, Addy," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Not entirely. But you're not exactly quiet, you know," she said, poking his chest gently.

"Point taken. Who's in the mood for breakfast?" Brian turned away from his friends and walked into the kitchen, muttering under his breath.

Adeline watched him, a small smile on her lips. She uncrossed her arms and set her hands on her hips, then turned to Roger.

"I told him not to worry about it last night. Honest," she said before glancing over to Brian in the kitchen.

"Oh, I believe you. But he can be pretty uptight sometimes." He then held out his hand to her. "Roger Taylor."

"Adeline Garrison." She took his hand and shook it firmly. "It's nice to officially meet you. Brian talked about you a lot in his letters."

"All good things, I hope," he said, a small smirk on his lips.

"Only the best things," she said, and she let go of his hand. With a grin, she went to join Brian in the kitchen, and she could hear footsteps behind her, meaning Roger had followed her over. But instead of following her all the way to Brian, he sat himself down at the kitchen table with his head in his hands.

"Rough night?" Brian asked, glancing over his shoulder to Roger.

"You don't know the half of it," he muttered, rubbing his face, "Tim's driving me nuts with this new project. And he won't let me make any changes!"

"Tim? Your lead singer?" Adeline asked, wrapping her arms around Brian from behind so she could rest her head on his back.

"That's the one. He's really starting to get on my last nerve," Roger grumbled.

"You've got a shorter fuse than I thought," Adeline murmured.

"And for someone of his height, that's not saying much," Brian whispered back.

"I can hear you, leggy," Roger shot back, and Adeline snorted. She set her head on Brian's back again, and he turned to look at Roger.

"Really? Leggy? That's the best you can do?"

"Shut up, it's early."

The three of them were quiet for just a minute, then laughter filled the kitchen. Addy had let go of Brian to hoist herself onto the counter, still laughing. Once they'd all calmed down, Roger had his head propped up in the palm of his hand, and he was grinning.