twenty three

"Oh. My. God."

Adeline and Cecelia had joined their husbands on the set of the 'I Want to Break Free' music video, and what stood before them was almost too much to bear. The four boys were dressed in drag, with no two in the same age range. Freddie looked like he could have been a young mother, Roger was dressed as a schoolgirl, Brian looked like a middle aged woman, and John looked eerily similar to Adeline's grandmother.

"This is already unfair," Adeline whispered as the Roger and Brian got into place.

"Why's that?" Cecelia muttered.

"Roger looks prettier than I ever did in grade school. Why does Roger make a prettier girl than me?"

Cecelia looked at her friend, and an ugly snort left her. Adeline glared up at her, folding her arms over her chest before glancing over to her husband. The frown on her face quickly vanished as Roger winked at her, then puckered his lips as though blowing her a kiss. She laughed softly and waved her fingers, twirling a strange of her hair around her index finger. Roger mimicked her, then glanced around the set as he stood from his desk. He made his way over to her, peeking over his shoulder before setting his hands on her hips.

"How about a quick kiss before we start?" he asked, leaning down a bit.

"And ruin your pretty pink lipstick? Not a chance. I don't need Amy getting mad at me again," she teased, pressing her index finger to his chest and gently pushing him back.

"Just one, please?" he begged, holding onto her wrist with one hand.

"Rog, we can kiss all you want when you're done for the day. But I am not getting into another fight with your makeup artist. Now go back to your desk, pretty girl," she said, playfully slapping his bum as he turned around.

"Oh, you're gonna get it later," he scolded, rubbing his backside before sitting back down.

"I look forward to it."

***

Adeline sat with Cecelia, her head on her shoulder as they watched the boys go through take after take. At one point, two of the curlers in Brian's hair had popped out, and it took nearly twenty minutes to get them both back into place, leaving the girls in stitches as they watched.

"Yeah, very funny!" he called out to them, his arms folded firmly across his chest.

"Oh, hush. You must know how funny it looks from our point of view, honey!" Cecelia giggled, wiping just below her eyes.

At last, the final take had wrapped up, and while Freddie was getting his wig removed, the three others were goofing around on set, with John pulled Roger into his lap and spanking him playfully. Adeline and Cecelia shared a look before bursting into laughter once more, nearly struggling to get out of their seats to join them.

"Oh, Cece, get a picture of us, won't you, darling?" Brian asked, handing her his camera.

"Oh, god. Brian, no," Roger said, now flat on his back across John's legs.

"Oh, god, Cece, please," Adeline said, setting her hands on her best friend's shoulders, a grin on her lips. Cecelia giggled and lifted the camera up to her eye, and on the count of three, she snapped two pictures.

"Brilliant! Can I get up now?" Roger asked, trying to rock himself into an upright position. "What is happening?"

"No, you can't," John laughed.

"I wanna be in it," Brian grinned, falling back down onto the couch.

"Get off me!" John tried to push Brian up, but failed.