epilogue

2017

"Addy? Are you almost ready, darling?"

"I'm ready now, Rog, dear."

Roger was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, smiling a bit as Adeline slowly made her way down, holding onto the railing to steady herself. She was in a bright red dress, and her hair was done up in a red bowtie with black dots on it.

"I remember this dress," he said, holding out a hand for her.

"Mhm. I figured you'd approve. And it still fits perfectly," she said, kissing his cheek gently.

"Of course it does. You haven't aged a day. Meanwhile I look like Santa Claus," he said, grinning slightly as his wife laughed.

"Yes, but you're my Santa Claus. And you know how much Hannah and Luke love it when you play Santa during the holidays," she whispered as she kissed his cheek gently.

"And I've always been such the giver," he murmured as his hand traveled down the length of her back, stopping just above her bottom so he could push her closer to him. She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

"Mhm, I agree." She smiled at him, then glanced over to the clock hanging just above them. "We need to get a move on. Brian said they're going to start the concert rehearsals today."

"You're right. Well, ladies first, as always," Roger said, motioning to the door. Adeline smiled softly, and as she started to walk towards the door, she squeaked. Roger had given her bottom a playful squeeze, and she swatted his hand away.

"Naughty!" she laughed, reaching for his hand to pull him alongside her. He laughed as well, and together, they made their way out of the front door and to the car.

***

"Brian!"

"Addy!"

Adeline had gotten out of the car and hurried to her best friend, hugging him tightly. Roger got out after her, smiling as he pocketed his car keys after locking it up, and he joined her side.

"You look absolutely lovely, Addy. God, I remember this dress," Brian said, smiling down at her when they parted.

"I thought it was appropriate to wear today. Now, where are they? I want to see them!" she said, making the two men laugh.

"They're about to go on stage. Come on," Brian said, and he lead the way for Adeline and Roger, who laced their fingers together as they walked behind their friend. They walked out to a little platform just below the stage, and Adeline's eyes widened.

"Oh, my lord! Rog, look at how perfect it is! It's just like being back in 1985!" she gushed, bringing her hands to her mouth. She leaned against Roger as he wrapped one arm around her waist, and she smiled up at him.

"Look, love, here they come," he whispered, and sure enough, four men walked out onto the mock Live Aid stage, in full costume. In the sidelines, two men and two women stood, and Adeline gasped.

"Oh, my god. Brian, he looks just like you!" she giggled, looking to her Brian. He smiled and nodded, then brought a finger to his lips as the 'concert' began. And for Adeline, the film version was just as exhilarating as the one she'd witnessed back in '85. The performance was identical to the real thing, and she felt tears in her eyes as she watched the effort the four of them put into the scene.

Once it was over, and the actors were given a chance to catch their breath, Brian, Roger, and Adeline climbed onto the stage and walked over to them. Everyone was gathered off to the side, and when the cast noticed their counterparts, they seemed to stand up straighter.