Chapter 1

“It’s her.” People whisper as the girl slowly walked through the crowds on the planet of Xandar. Her long black hair swishes behind her as people continue to whisper behind her back. Ignoring them, she continues on her mission. 

        Arriving at a small cafe, she plops into a chair and pulls out her cellular device, bringing up the news. 

        “Hey isn’t that…her?  She hears people whispering nearby. 

        “You mean the girl with that…thing…inside her?” 

        A muscle twitching on her cheek is the only sign of her annoyance. 

        “Yeah I heard that she was banished from every planet she visited. Supposedly she killed a lot of people wherever she went because of that…thing.

        Slowly the area around the girl started clearing until she was left by herself in the corner. But the whispers continue.

        “Didn’t Thanos put that thing inside her?” 

        “That’s what I heard. But what is she doing here? Who knows when she might erupt. The Nova Corps should kick her off this planet. She’s too dangerous.” 

        Closing her eyes, the girl tries to tune the voices out but they continue to penetrate her thoughts. 

        “I heard that no one’s willing to hire her for work.”

        “It’s no wonder though. She’s a monster!”

        Finally having enough, the girl abruptly stands up and leaves the cafe, the whispers following her. Gritting her teeth she storms through the door and down the street. Everywhere she went, it was always like this. The whispers. The rumors. The glares from people. There wasn’t one place that accepted her.

        Every planet that she had visited, she wasn’t welcome. The only place remotely welcoming was here in Xandar where people simply avoided her. She hadn’t been kicked out yet but that’s because she had been able to         control the beast inside her.

        Yes, it was true. She had some type of evil spirit inside her that liked torturing her. Sleepless nights, crazy fits where she turned into a monster, it was getting harder to control it. Even now she could feet it stirring restlessly inside her. 

        Reaching a fountain in the middle of a square, she decides to sit down and people immediately move away from her. People eye her with distrust but she ignores it, staring down at her worn shoes. 

        She had no money because everyone refused to give her a job so she had hardly any possessions besides what was on her. But people usually wanted her off their world bad enough that they were willing to give her some stuff. 

        Another thing that was true, it was Thanos fault for her torture. Finding her at a young age, he thought it smart to embed an evil spirit within her so that she could be used as his weapon. And yes, the monster gave her power. Power that no one ever thought possible of possessing. But only when the monster was in control of her was when this power was released. 

        Thanos himself had even had difficulty in controlling her. That was why he had tried to kill her. The demon woke up however at that time and somehow overpowered him and escaped. She had woken up in a space ship somewhere in space only with the few memories of what happened. She hated Thanos with every part of her being.