My Super Girlfriend

Lillian's funeral was held on a Wednesday, and very few people attended. Aside from Lena and Kara, a handful of Lillian's former associates put in appearances and offered their condolences, which Lena accepted, appearing to all the world like the bereaved daughter, the last of the Luthors, stoic and stalwart in the face of loss.

She leaned into Kara the entire time, allowing the constant contact to keep her tethered to the earth as the pastor's words washed over her in a senseless drone. The funeral's other attendees all looked Kara up and down, said nothing, but they were thinking loudly enough that something like rage boiled in Lena's stomach and she just wanted this to be over already.

When Lillian was put in the ground, Lena felt nothing.

She told Kara as much later that night in the quiet dark of Kara's bedroom, sheets pulled up over their heads. Kara took her face in her hands and kissed her then, slowly, gently, over and over, gradually injecting colour back into Lena's world with every press of her giving lips.

//

"I must have finished about nine bottles of wine and three bottles of scotch in those few weeks we were apart," Lena confessed. She trailed her fingertips lazily over Kara's skin, charting the planes and valleys of her stomach like she was the first explorer on a foreign planet, and took hidden pleasure in the goosebumps that shifted and warped the terraforms beneath her touch.

"I made Alex kick my ass sparring, just to feel something other than soul crushing sadness. It was very dramatic," Kara countered, her own hand combing absentmindedly through Lena's hair.

"I watched sappy rom-coms every night for a week, and I went all out—dressing gown, fluffy slippers, buckets of ice cream, the whole lot," Lena returned, wrinkling her nose at the very memory of herself.

"That, is adorable. But I've got you beat. I flew around the entire planet one night, completely lost in thought. The top of Mount Everest is a really great spot to pine, by the way."

Lena angled her head up from Kara's chest to fix her with a look. "No super powers, that's an unfair advantage," she frowned.

Kara chuckled, the sound rumbling low in her throat, and easily lifted Lena up to straddle her hips, smirking as she showed Lena just how unfair her advantages could be (not that she would ever exploit them in any way that could harm her).

However, in true Luthor form, Lena was quick to turn Kara's own advantage against her, using her new vantage point to gain access to the Kryptonian's neck, painting kisses across sensitive skin. She slipped a thigh between her legs and was rewarded with a sharp intake of breath and the sound of her name hissed through grit teeth as she eased down into her. This symphony of sounds and sensations was still new territory, and Lena delighted in eliciting them from the flushed blonde whenever the opportunity presented itself.

"You'd do well to remember I possess my own set of unfair advantages, Kara," she murmured and nipped at Kara's earlobe, drawing another gasp from her lips.

Kara winced, completely pliable under Lena's touch. "I—I still think I out-pined you though. I actually went to your house," she managed, albeit a little breathlessly, and Lena froze just a breath away from kissing her neck again.

"You did what?" she asked, pulling away to fix Kara with a questioning look. She scooped her arm behind her head to sweep her dark mass of hair over her shoulder (and Rao, Kara just wanted to have that image playing on a loop in her brain for the rest of her mortal life).

Realising Lena was still staring at her, however, she blinked back into focus and blushed. "I mean, technically, I was searching for Lillian, but I kind of ended up just, uh...poking around in your room."