Chapter 2

After two hours on the train I finally make it to London, it's now about 11pm and it is extremely dark outside. Jide texted me to tell me that all the boys are round at their house and they are all currently drinking, I didn't expect anything less. I get my stuff and get off the train, the cold air of London greets me as soon as I step foot off the train. I walk through the station and I just see a beaming face in the distance, it's Jide. He jogs towards me and engulfs me into a massive hug, almost crushing me in the process.

"Millie! I've missed you so much." He mumbles into my hair, it feels good to see him again I've really missed him too.

"Don't get too sappy Jide, now I can't breath." We both laugh as he lets me go, he looks at me for a minute and the precious smile on his face fades into a frown. He rubs his thumb against my cheek, he looks pained.

"You look different, you look so... sad." He mumbles as he pulls me into another embrace. I just sigh and snuggle into his chest, it feels like we've been standing here for ages.

"Okay let's get going, I'm excited for you to meet my friends. I'm sure you've seen them in some of my videos." JJ grabs my suitcase and wraps his arm around my shoulders, guiding us outside and towards his car.

We get in his car and my breath has been taken away, I must be sitting in the most expensive car in the whole station car park. It is incredible, is this the lifestyle I'll get a taste of? He turns the engine on and it roars to life, startling me a bit. JJ grins at me before racing away towards the motorway.

"Right I'm going to warn you now, the boys are great but right now they are absolutely fucked. So, just bare with them tonight." He glances at me trying not to laugh, the engine continues to roar as I wonder what his friends will be like in person, not who they are on camera.

We eventually arrive at his house, from the outside it's big but, dear god on the inside it's huge. There's marble floors everywhere, as soon as you walk in you're met with a two story spiral staircase. It's absolutely breathtaking.

"Wow Jide this is beautiful." I whisper just loud enough for him to hear. He snakes his arm around my shoulders and squeezes me tightly, leaning close to my ear. "This is your home for the next while, hope you brought enough stuff," I look at Jide utterly confused, what does he mean my new home?

"Uh Jide what do you me-" I get cut off by a stumble and giggle of a drunk guy, whom I recognize as Ethan.

"Ayyy it's fuckin JJ!" Ethan cheers, rushing over to us to give Jide a big cuddle. Ethan turns and notices me standing there awkwardly, he smiles at me, his smile bright and honestly quite contagious as I find my self smiling back.

"You must be Millie." He pulls me in for a hug and the stench of alcohol coming from him makes my nose scrunch up.

"And I know you're Ethan." I giggle as he pulls away and holds me from arms length, just looking at me. I turn my attention to the other boys who walk though to see what the commotion is.

"Who's that?" A tall blonde boy asks, I'm sure his names Simon but honestly I'm good with faces not names so I'm not sure.

"Guys this is my best friend Millie, Millie this is Josh, Vikk, Harry, Tobi, Cal and Simon and you've obviously met Ethan." Jide points to each boy as he tells me their names, he didn't know but I already knew who most of them were apart from Simon, I didn't know much about him.

"Come have a drink." Jide ushers everyone back into what I presume is the living room, which is basically the size of my entire apartment, makes me sad really. We all drift off into our own little groups, Vikk, Josh and Harry, Tobi, Cal and Ethan which left Jide, Simon and I to talk as we drank. I don't drink too much so I just decided to have a cider while JJ poured himself and glass of vodka, only vodka. JJ asked how I was doing and what I've been doing with my life and Simon just stood there, observing the conversation, a curious gleam in his eyes.

-

Some time passes and the boys get incredibly more drunk by the minute, Jide is now absolutely wasted and I believe I am the only sober one here. Most of the boys are lazing on the couch just talking while I just stand and observe this beautiful house.

"Do you want shown round?" Simon startles me by suddenly appearing behind me, I turn to look at him and I smile, nodding at his question. We exit the living room and we head to the kitchen, honestly I cant believe this is their house. "So this is the kitchen." Simon spreads his arms welcoming me into the stunning kitchen, hes got a goofy smile on his face and quite honestly its one of the cutest smiles I've seen.

"My favorite place, where the food is." I laugh and Simon joins in, agreeing to my comment. He then leads me upstairs and shows me where everyone's room is, I'm surprised only 4 of them live here, soon to be 3 as Vik is moving out soon. The final room we get to is my room, "It isn't the biggest room in the house, sorry about that," Simon mumbles, he sounds embarrassed that I've been given one of the smaller rooms but honestly I don't care.

"Simon this room is almost the same size as my apartment." I laugh as he awkwardly shuffles on his feet.

"So what made you come visit JJ? I know you guys haven't seen each other in a while." We both sit down on my bed, crossed legs, facing each other. I think for a minute on what to say, do I tell him what happened or do I just say I missed JJ.

"I uh mis- my mother passed away last month and Jide was quite close with her, I know he didn't tell you guys because he didn't want to make me feel uncomfortable." I'm struggling to breathe, I'm trying hard to not let my emotions show to this boy I've just met. "Oh Millie I am so sorry, how have you been doing?" I can see concern in his eyes, his eyes by the way are mesmerizing I could look into them all day, but that's just weird since I hardly know the boy.

"Don't worry about it, Jide was worried about me even though I told him not to. Honestly this is the first time in about three weeks I've left my apartment." I laugh awkwardly, this boy must think I'm crazy.

"As long as you're here now, you have JJ and best of all, you have all of us. We'll make sure you're okay. I promise." Simon smiles gently, for a minute I forget hes drunk until he tries to stand up and he stumbles to the floor making me laugh loudly.

"help me please," He looks up at me with pleading eyes and a grin plastered across his face. I reach down to help pull him up but he has a different idea, he yanks my arm so I fall to the ground next to him.

"Ow Simon!" I yelp as my bum hits the floor, he starts laughing as I smack his arm playfully, how dare he. "Sorry I had to." Still laughing Simon stands up and helps me up with him, for the next hour Jide comes in and sits with us and we just talk, Simon now has a bit of a better understanding as to how JJ and I met and who I am and I have finally learnt who Simon is. Soon we all say out good nights and they head off to their own rooms, leaving me to just lie here and think. Right now I feel happy. Happy. I haven't felt that in a long time, but I think my stay here will be a good one.