Chapter 10

Christmas Day. It's fucking Christmas Day. I've been dreading this day for months, I just want to hide under the covers for ages. I didn't sleep at al last night, normally on Christmas Eve you can't sleep because if excitement but last night I couldn't sleep because of dread, I just couldn't believe everything that's happened. I am currently under the covers scrolling through Twitter, it's 8am and I am praying that the boys sleep longer but as if on queue they burst into my room causing me to scream.

"What the fuck!" I shout at the two boys, throwing a pillow at them, "Merry Christmas!" The boys shout as Jide jumps on top of me, crushing me into the mattress, I cough hardly being able to breathe and he sits up, a smile beaming off his face.

"Merry Christmas," I mumble trying to catch my breath, Simon sits at the bottom of the bed trying to stay out of harms way after what JJ just done. "I'm gonna say sorry now guys, I won't be very happy today," I frown slightly, glancing between the boys before looking down at my hands. I just don't want to ruin their day. Simon moves his hand so it's resting on my leg through the covers, even though his skin isn't touching mine, knowing the fact that his hand is there has made my whole body erupt in goosebumps.

"Listen Millie, the reason we're here today is to make you feel better and to make sure you're as happy as can be today," I can feel Simon squeezing me leg lightly, trying to reassure me that he's there for me.

"We know it's hard, it's not exactly easy for me to see you so upset but you're my best friend Millie, I want to help," Jide frowns at me, he's hurt, I knew I should've spoken to him about all of this sooner. I smile slightly and shake my head, today is Christmas and yes it's a difficult one but we will try to have the best day possible.

"Let's not sit here and sulk, breakfast?" I look at the two boys and their faces light up at the mention of food, I already know their answers.

-
sorry I didn't want to drag the day on so I've skipped to the end of the day.

The day passes faster than I expect, we made breakfast then the three of us decided to record a video. Jide wanted to see who knew him better between Simon and I, unfortunately Simon won as I hadn't really seen JJ in years but I'm okay with that, I am aware that Simon replaced me when I moved away but I wouldn't have wanted it to be anyone else.

We attempt to make Christmas dinner but Simon ended up burning things so we settled on turkey and chips because we all suck at cooking, currently we are sitting in the living room watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, my choice obviously. I look over to see that Jide is fast asleep, he looks adorable when he sleeps, probably because he's finally quiet.  I then turn to look at Simon who I can tell is struggling to keep his eyes open, I stand and move so I'm blocking the tv, I hold my hands out and smile.

"c'mon you need your bed," I whisper, not wanting to wake Jide up. Simon pouts slightly before taking my hands and letting me help him up, I turn the tv off and put a blanket over Jide before taking Simon to his room.

"I hope your day wasn't too bad Millie, I tr- we tried to make it the best for you," Simon sits down on his bed, looking up at me with sad eyes.

"You made it the best it could be," I smile, Simon takes his t-shirt off and lies down, I think this is my queue to leave. "Goodnight Simon," I mumble, turning to leave when he grabs my hand and pulls me back. "Stay," he almost whispers, sending a chill through my body, he looks like he has something on his mind that he wants out, but can't get out.

Without saying a word I nod and lie down next to him, cuddling into his chest. We lie in silence for what feels like forever, just enjoying each others company but Simon breaks the silence, "you know, I'm really glad you decided to come see JJ. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have met you." Simon smiles down at me, I can feel my face heat up as I smile back, I'm really getting the feeling that Jide was right about Simon liking me but I'm still not certain.

"Yeah I'm glad too," Simon yawns and rubs his eyes, I think it's time for bed. I sit up and Simon looks at me, startled at the sudden movement, I swing my legs to the side of the bed and stand up, "c'mon you need your bed," I smile and attempt to throw the covers over Simon but he refuses, he grabs my hand again and tries to pull me over to him.

"Stay," he pouts, tugging at my arm. "I can't Simon," I frown slightly, taking my hand out of his. I can tell I've hurt him a little, his eyes change to what looks like guilt. "Can I at least get a hug?" I laugh lightly and lean down wrapping my arms round the blonde boys neck, he wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles his face into my hair, enjoying the moment. I pull back slightly and look at him before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"thank you for today, it was better than I hoped," he smiles at me and nods his head, accepting my gratitude, I walk over to the door and give him a small wave before exiting his room.

"What were you doing in there?" I almost scream when I bump into Jide who is standing outside Simons room, "we were talking and he couldn't stay awake so he's going to sleep." I gain my composure and look up at him, "also don't do that again!" I slap his arm earning a mumble from Jide.

We both walk to my room, I think I need to go to my bed too, today has been emotionally and physically draining and I just want it to be over with. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now Jide, I can't thank you enough for everything that you've done for me these past few months but I do have to go home soon Jide, I can't stay here forever," I look up at him and he smiles down at me, a warm genuine smile.

He takes my hand and takes me over to my bed we're we both sit down, he holds my hand and his smile is now beaming from ear to ear.

"I actually wanted to ask if you would maybe want to move here? Live with us?"