Chapter 19

"Thank you for understanding, her names Emily."

Those words wouldn't stop running through my head, they were haunting me. It's the early hours of the morning and I haven't slept, I've just lay here all night thinking about those words. My heart aches and my brains slow, I am absolutely devastated.

After Simon told me about Emily we sat down and he told me how they met and how much of a sweetheart she is and it hurts me that I'm not the one making him this happy. I thought I could be but I guess I missed my chance and there's nothing I can do, tears threaten to spill but I won't let them, he's happy and I should leave him be.

There was something about Simon that I didn't believe, he didn't seem truthful when he was talking about Emily, it was as if his happiness was just an act but I can't be sure.

Ding!

From Simon
Are you still up?

To Simon
Yes why?

From Simon
Want to come talk?

To Simon
No thank you.

As much as I'd love to go talk to him I decide to put my phone down and attempt to sleep, eventually I drift off.

-

I wake up around 3pm, I needed as much sleep as I could get after all the events of yesterday. I get up and quickly shower, I brush my hair and get changed into a pair of black leggings and a oversized pink sweatshirt. I head down to the kitchen where I am greeted by Josh, Ethan, Harry and Jide.

"Good afternoon," Jide smirks at me, holding out a cup of tea for me. "Yeah," i mumble as I take a seat next to Ethan on the barstools, the boys carry on with their conversation and I'm just in my own bubble.

"Did you meet Emily?" I look up at Ethan and he has a concerned look on his face, does he know about Simon and I?

"Yeah I met her last night, Simon and her looked like they had a fight," I shrugged my shoulders, I blow on my tea as Jide always makes it so hot it's un-drinkable. "They aren't good for each other," I turn to Josh who had clearly been listening in.

"How so?" I question the bearded boy, "they argue all the time, they are complete opposites and she's a bad influence on him," he frowns slightly, the pace of my heart speeds up and my palms begin to sweat but I'm not sure why. "How is she a bad influence?" Jide looks at Josh with a puzzled expression.

"Did you not see him the other night, he was absolutely smashed. Apparently she's making him take drugs with her," everyone goes silent for a minute, now I know most people have or wanted to experiment with drugs but surly Simon isn't taking any drugs because of a girl. I frown and Jide notices it as he walks over to me and wraps his arms around my shoulders from behind, resting his chin on my head.

"What drugs.." Harry looks around the room, I presume to make sure Simon isn't anywhere to be seen.

"Mostly cocaine but he's started drinking a lot more." I can't fucking believe it, what has happened to the adorable tall blonde boy that I fell for. Jide squeezes my shoulders slightly in an attempt to comfort me.

"Why don't we all go out, go to a club tonight instead of being here." Ethan looks round at everyone, a cheeky grin spread across his face, his smile was truly infectious and I found my self smiling back at him. "Sure, I need to go to the shops to get a couple things, what time will we head out?"

"We'll head out about 10, I'll call and book a booth for us, I need to get a few things too so can I tag along?" Jide moves round so he's beside me, looking down at me with a sweet smile on his face. I nod and smile up at him, I've missed spending time with Jide.

-

"You ready?" I shout up the stairs to Jide, he wanted to drive so I need to wait on him to be ready before we can go anywhere. "Just coming!" I hear him close his bedroom door and he began to jog downstairs, I decide to go open the door and wait for him outside. I swing the door open and I get a fright when a dark haired girl is standing there, staring at me.

"Millie right?" She smiles at me, it's a fake smile for sure she's just being nice for the sake of I live with Simon.

"Yeah and you're Emily, nice to meet you." I hold out my hand for her but she ignores it, I feel a hand on my back and I turn to see Jide. "Emily," he nods at her, "JJ," she nods back before pushing past us and into the house. What the hell just happened.

We get into Jides car and we leave the house, I turn to look at him and he has a look on his face but it's difficult to read. "You okay?" I question.

"I don't like her," he glances over at me, soon returning his attention back to the road. I wonder why everyone doesn't like her, none of the boys seem to be happy for Simon and that seriously worries me. I go to question him but he's beat me to it.

"she's no good for him, honestly I was hoping you and Simon would get together," his words shock me, Jide wants Simons and I to be together but unfortunately that isn't an option.

"I wish it was an option Jide I really do, I really fell for him.." I look down at my lap and frown, Jide leans over and grabs my hand rubbing small circles into my palm with his thumb. Jide parks the car and we get out and head towards Tesco.

We get inside from the freezing cold and we go straight to the crisps isle because we're both fat bastards and want nothing more than junk food. "Are you drinking tonight?" Jide looks down at me as we walk through the isle, arms full with bags of crisps and sweets.

"No I don't think so, I'd quite like a sober night," I smile slightly, he stops and acts like he's shocked. "Not drinking? You're going to have a boring night." he laughs and we continue walking.

My reason for not drinking is simple, if I get drunk I'll get emotional and If I get emotional I'll say something I regret to either Simon or Emily so I'd rather save myself from being embarrassed if that means sacrificing drinking for one night. Jide and I walk back to his car after paying for everything and we just chat on the car journey home, we have planned to do some videos this coming week and to maybe go out and do a few things round London since I had never really been here.

"See tonight, if anything happens with Simon, Emily or just some random you tell me okay?" Jide glares over at me, a stern look in his eye, I nod and turn to look out the window, I am not looking forward to tonight.

Like and comment for more my lovelies💗