Chapter 26

"I used to date him about a year or so ago back in Manchester, he is a little crazy and stalkerish and he just drove me away from him. He would follow me to work, to my friends house and he would even follow me on nights out to see if I was going to get with anyone..." I glance over at Simon, his knuckles have gone white with his grip on the steering wheel.

"I broke up with him and he wouldn't stop following me and trying to contact me. He phoned me the other day and told me he's coming to London this weekend and he wants to see me." I sigh, I never wanted to mention anything about Chris to anyone.

"Does JJ know?" Simon stops at a red light and he turns to face me, a small frown on his face.

"No, he knew of him but I never told him what he was like." I shake my head, Simon turns back and continues driving,
I have a bad feeling that he's angry at me for not saying anything.

We pull up to the house but we sit in the car for a minute in complete silence, this time it's a tense silence. I go to open the door but a strong hand pulls me away, "do not go see him."

"I-I won't." I stutter, shocked at Simon's sudden outburst, he frowns a little before letting go of me and getting out the car. We get all the shopping bags out the boot and head inside to shouting from the other boys.

"Hey where were you two?" Josh peeks round the kitchen door, a small smirk on his lips.

"Simon was showing me round London." I beam tuning to face Simon, but he was no longer there. I hear a door slam from upstairs and I presume that was him, what's wrong with him.

"Everything okay?" Harry says. Ethan, Harry and Josh are now all standing in front of me.

"Uh Yeah I'm just going to take these upstairs." I mumble before quickly turning round and scurrying upstairs to my room.

Ring!

"What do you want now!" I spit down the phone at my crazy ex, I just wish he'd leave me alone.

"Millie please come meet me, I just want to see you one last time." I can hear the pain in his voice, I feel slightly bad for him. I think for a minute, really it isn't up to Simon to tell me what I can't do and I know if I go see him again he will leave me alone this time once he knows I've moved on.

"Right. I will meet you for half an hour tonight, I'll text you where. After this I don't want to see or hear from you again is that clear?" I say down the phone, waiting for a response.

"Yes okay. Thank you Millie." And with that I hang up.

-

8:35PM

I throw on a puffer jacket and a black wooly scarf before grabbing my car keys and heading out my room. I agreed to meet Chris at 9 at the look out point that Simon took me to, I told Chris I'd leave at 9:30 no matter what.

"Where are you going?" I turn to see Simon walking towards me, glass of water in his hand.

"I'm heading out for a while, I'll be back before 10." I smile slightly, nervous for what will happen when I meet Chris.

"Do you want me to come with you? I was going to ask if you wanted to record a game video with us but that can wait till tomorrow." He smiles down at me, walking towards me.

"It's okay Simon I won't be out long." I think he's onto me. I shuffle awkwardly and start to fiddle with my car keys.

"You better not be meeting that twat." Realisation flashing across his face, he knows.

"God no." I laugh lightly and gently take his free hand, "I'll be back soon I promise." I smile and lean up, planting a soft kiss on his lips.

He smiles and squeezes my hand a little, "be careful, it's icy tonight." I nod and say goodbye before heading out to my car.

I get in and start it up, still amazed that it is my car it's so surreal. I put on some music and head towards probably my biggest mistake so far this year.

As I am nearing the spot I'm meeting Chris my brain won't stop swarming with all the possibility's of what can happen and what will be said. Will he be nice or will he be forceful like he used to be? I guess I'll find out.

I pull up and stop at the spot overlooking the majority of London, my heart starts to beat rapidly and I start sweating, why am I so scared. I see lights in my rear view mirror and Chris's black BMW pulls up next to me, he rolls down the window and I do the same, seeing his so familiar face again.

"Hey baby," he smirks and motions for me to get into his car, I shake my head and get out my car, him soon following. I lean against the bonnet of my car and look out at the view.

"How are you?" He sits next to me, too close for my liking.

"Fine." I reply dryly, wanting this half hour to go by. Just being in his presence makes me feel sick and I now highly regret agreeing to meet him.

"I miss you baby." He shuffles closer to me attempting to wrap an arm around me but I stand up and avoid it.

"Listen Chris you need to stop all contact with me. It's been over a year and I've moved on." I stand slightly away from my car, away from him.

"I fucking knew it, it's that lanky prick isn't it?" He half shouts causing me to wince.

"It's none of your business." I cross my arms, standing my ground. I can't lie Chris scares me, he always has. He's a lot bigger than me and I believe that if he wanted to he would hit me.

"Millie c'mon." He grabs my arms and pulls me to him, I try to fight back but he I much stronger than I am making my struggle useless.

"Chris no go aw-" he smashes his lips against mine giving me no warning or way of getting out, I forcefully hit his chest in an attempt to break free but I fail.

I hear a car pull up and doors open and close, surly it isn't who I think it is. All of a sudden Chris let's go of me and I'm pulled away by someone else.

"Leave her the fuck alone!" I turn to see Simon as he throws a hard punch at Chris's cheek causing him to fall to the ground, I'm surprised that Simon managed to knock him down considering Chris is a lot larger than him. Ethan runs over to me to see if I'm alright, he must've drove Simon here.

Simon turns to me, rage in his eyes, "Ethan you go, give me your keys Amelia." I don't hesitate to hand him my keys and we quickly jump in my car leaving Chris behind.

"Simon I'm so sorry." I mumble as Simon races down the winding road, constantly checking the rear view mirror to make sure Chris isn't following us.

"Don't talk to me." He spits.

Hello this chapter was a little everywhere lol sorry but I can't thank you all enough for supporting this! It means so much to me it just makes my heart warm! Ily❤️