xxix | lauren

HOLY SH--

I don't know about you, but I thought I did a great job with hiding myself from the others. I probably haven't been invisible for that long ever before and at some points, I thought I was going to be stuck with being invisible forever. I did hesitate every time Tyson glanced at me, but I didn't expect him to know I was there. 

I had to dodge the dagger. I knew the second he stood up from lying on the ground that he was suspecting something. I moved to my left, but I felt my arm and hair brush off his side. He knew I was there. No need to hide any longer. 

I revealed myself, ordered Kelly to do the same. If I go down, she goes down with me. 

My fingers head to the side of my neck, where blood was slowly oozing out of the wound and onto my neck and clothes. I look at my now crimson fingers, feeling the blood between the tips of my finger. "So much for not wanting to hurt me." I shake my hand letting the blood splatter onto the ground.

If I didn't move, that would've gone straight into my neck.

Tyson was breathing heavily, looking down at the dagger stained with my blood. He then glanced at Kelly, her claws already out, ready to bleed someone to death. Then he met my eyes, asking the golden question. "What are you doing here?"

I looked back, shocked expressions spreading across everyone's faces. All except one person, who instead was filled with guilt. Aidan should've kept his plans away from me. Guilt didn't look to good on him.

"You guys are so funny, I admire your efforts, but there is no way you guys are going to find what you're looking for. You think this is an army? Try again." I smirked, examining my fingernails. I felt like one of those mean girls in those high school movies. "I mean, Bethany Asher as a soldier? Fat chance."

She growled. When the world was still simpler, she used to be the cliche high school mean girl, getting whatever she wanted. Bethany started to head towards me, but Aidan stopped her, wrapping a firm arm around her so she wouldn't go any further.

The scene made my heart ache. But I didn't let it show.

Tyson went for the punch right then, when I wasn't looking straight at him. I turned around when seeing his soft fingers scrunched together ready to make contact with my face in the corner of my eye. I moved quickly stopping the punch, smashing him into the very wall I was hiding in.

Of course that wasn't the end. My friends were better fighters than that, I was aware. Tyson quickly recovered, picking up the dagger that he dropped -- which now turned into a sword -- putting it in front of him. 

"Hey, you know not to hit a girl, right?" Kelly called, just as Jessica -- oh great, she's back -- moved behind her, swinging her leg and hitting her square in the back. She growled, turning to face her new prey. 

Tyson ignored what Kelly said before, and I was glad. This wasn't going to be fun if I was beating the crap out of him but he didn't even attempt to do the same to me. That was an easy, boring win. With a flick of my fingers, a weapon made of solid ice appeared in my fingertips. I stopped myself from awing since this was the first time I tried it. I simply held it up, ready for a duel.

He was good with a sword, a supposedly dead weapon. Maybe it came with being a prince? I myself wasn't that bad, I guess. I wasn't as good as him, I'll admit. I was good enough to almost loosen the grip of the weapon twice. But he still had it in his hand.

That is, until I kicked the hand he was grabbing the weapon with and watched it fly away, across from us. 

To make the fight fair, I tossed my weapon away. And I knew the boy wasn't going to end up using his abilities. That's fine, I can handle an old fashion battle.