Chapter 1 - Hi

Lance and his family had only been in Texas for 2 weeks when his older sister got into a lethal car accident. The day after the accident, she was stable and their father came home on the decision that at least one parent had to be there to help Lance and Vanessa with their siblings.

At the time, everyone who lived in the McClain house was up in Texas, and their neighbors, the 2 oldest siblings and their families, were on the way and would be there within 4 days. 

That night, Lance ended up in a small pub in the new small town, a building he could safely walk to sober, and hopefully drunk, too. 

"Hi!" A boy with violet eyes and long black hair said to Lance, sitting on the bar stool next to him. 

"Hi," Lance replied skeptically, taking another sip of his drink. 

"You're new here." The boy said, taking a gulp from his own drink that the bartender had just set in front of him. "Came in yesterday, spent the night in an uncomfortable chair, probably a hospital or something because you clearly haven't slept." He stated, "So, tell me, what is a guy like you doing in a small town in Texas at a small pub like this one on his second day in the states?" He looked up, his eyes bright and kind, but also sharp, as if the moment you tried something he would break you. 

"Ah... well you were right about the hospital, it being my second day here and the lack of sleep, but I have to ask," The boy looked at him expectantly, "what do you mean by 'a guy like you?'" 

The boy's eyebrows lifted in surprise, but he didn't hesitate to answer. "Popular, better off,"he took another drink, "innocent." Now it was Lance's turn to be surprised.

"Kinkade, I thought Iverson told you to stop mixing tequila into drinks because you pour it too heavy?" The boy said turning to one of the bartenders. 

"He did, but not for you Kogane." The man replied. 

45 minutes and 4 too many rounds later, both boys were past drunk and Lance had nearly poured his everything out to the boy who's name he still didn't know. 

"Hey, what's your name?" he eventually asked, spinning back and fourth on the stool. 

"K..." The boy replied with his full name, but Lance had only heard the "K" of his first. 

"I'm Lance McClain. " He nodded in the direction of the stage, "They're pretty good for a cover band, what's their name?" 

K snorted, "Well, they don't have a name, and I guess the band is pretty good, but their singer could use work." 

------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I know it's short, but I'm going to try and make these updates shorter so I have more material to update. And I should be working on my other Klance book, but once I get an idea it takes off and I ditch whatever the previous story was for a little while. I'll update that one soon though.  

Also:

Have a good day, and don't die!