Chapter 7 - I'm Not That Idiot

Keith Lance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously: Lance was interrupted by Veronica's phone buzzing on the table. She pulled it over and looked at the screen. She had a text from an unknown number.

It said,

Hey, it's Keith. Are you the guy from the bar yesterday?

Sighing, Veronica slid her phone over to Lance so he could read the text. He pursed his lips, "Oops."

V sighed again, shaking her head and pulling the phone back over to reply to the text.

No, I'm that idiot's sister. Here's his number.

After pressing send, she exited the chat to give Keith Lance's contact and a few minutes later Lance got a text.

Is it safe to assume you're sitting next to your sister?

Veronica snorted as she read over his shoulder, going back to the fridge.

Yeah XD

Haha GTG

Lance replied, turning back to his sister. "We have to go grocery shopping today." She said, fulfilling her silent duty to step up for their mother.

Me too, bye.

"Yeah," Lance nodded, "Will we go together, or... ?"

Cya

"I'd rather we go together. Oliver can handle them until Rachel and Mark get here, and then we should be back by the time they're ready to go see Carmen." Veronica walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "Go take a shower. We'll leave when you're done."

"I sure hope you'll let me get dressed this time,"

"Hope is a risky thing." The twins giggled, but Lance still wasn't sure if she was going to let him get dressed or not.

----------------

At 5:30, Shiro's alarm went off like it normally would and he climbed out of bed, attaching his prosthetic before getting dressed and heading downstairs. He saw the blanket folded on the couch the way he had left it for Keith, and smiled to himself; thinking Keith didn't go out the night before.

Shiro walked into the kitchen where there was a fresh pot of coffee, his note from the night before taped to the machine with something written on the paper under it.

I washed the blanket and my clothes, showered, made coffee, and am out running now. I'll be back on my bike around 6:30 to grab my jacket. Thanks again, Keith.

Shiro sighed, and had a cup of coffee before going to take a shower. At 6:15, Matt pulled in the driveway to pick up Shiro for work. When he got in the car, Matt noticed his frown.

"Keith again?" He asked.

Shiro just nodded, "I really wish he would just move in with me."

"Yeah, well, you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Matt replied, wanting to ditch the constant subject of Keith.

Shiro nodded again, "Yeah. How's your little sister?"

"Pidge? She's better than ever. Beat me in Coding Wars last night."  Coding Wars was a game that the siblings made up, they used their laptops to attack the other's laptop with various improvised bugs while simultaneously blocking attacks.

"Wow, keep that losing streak up and you'll lose to Iverson." Shiro added.

"Haha, very funny Mr. Shirogane, but have you figured out what you're going to say in your Atlas presentation?"

"Uhhhhhhhhh... No?"

"And I thought you were supposed to be the responsible one."

Blegh. Can you tell I ran out of ideas for this chapter? It does get better though. I hope. 

Don't Die!

Don't Die!