Chapter 8 - Crap

Previously: "Uhhhhhhhhh... No?"

"And I thought you were supposed to be the responsible one."

Keith jogged up to the small bar and started his crimson red motorcycle, climbing on and putting on his helmet. Slowly and carefully, he drove back to Shiro's house.

He pulled into the driveway, parking and turning off his bike. He walked up to the door and went inside, closing and locking the door before wandering back over to the couch for a nap.

When Keith finally woke up again, it was almost 10:30. Seeing the time, he remembered that Shiro had asked him to go grocery shopping for him before he went to work at 12. Keith sprung off the couch and sprinted to Shiro's bedroom, grabbing a big black and grey backpack.

He slung the bag over his shoulder, running back down the stairs and out the door, doing a double take on the porch to make sure he locked the door. He didn't. After locking it, Keith hopped down the steps and into the driveway, climbing on his motorcycle and grumbling at his missing helmet.

He started his bike, turning around in the driveway, and drove to the store. By the time he got there, it was 10:50 and all the parking spaces closer to the building were taken. After parking his bike, Keith got off and practically sprinted to the door. He grabbed a basket on the way in, jogging through the aisles, glancing at the list Shiro texted him and not really paying attention to the other people in the store.

Walking down the bread aisle backwards was definitely not the best idea, and yet Keith and Lance were both doing it, so it wasn't a surprise when they bumped into each other.

"What the- oh, hey Keith!" Lance said, turning around.

Keith rolled off his shoulder, glancing up before continuing his jog through the store. "Hey Lance, I gotta go, talk to you later!"

"Sooo... " Veronica started, "That's Keith?"

"Yeah." Lance replied, turning back to his sister.

"Huh."

"What?"

"Not much," She said, "I just never expected you to fall for someone with a mullet."

"Ehe... I'm sorry, fall for?" Lance narrowed his eyes in confusion as they continued through the store.

"Oh come on, the way you talked about him yesterday? I might be new to this 'I like guys too' thing, but I'm still your twin sister. I've been stuck with you for over 23 years." V smiled, "And I'm Cleo's older sister. She's like an introverted mini you."

"That one's not my fault." He defended, pointing before tossing a bag of mini carrots into the basket on V's arm.

"Oh sure, 'babysitter of the year' and '#1 big brother.'" she smiled, "She even did mini Grammy's at her 5th birthday, just like you."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lance sarcastically replied, turning around and leading his twin around the store until they were done.

"We have two more stops before we can go back home." Veronica said, putting her phone back in her pocket as they walked out of the grocery store.

"Great, where?" Lance asked with a smile.

Veronica smiled, "The town motorshop to pick out a car for us to share, then to the hospital." Lance was smiling, but frowned and looked over, slightly panicked, when V mentioned the hospital. "Carmen's fine! She just asked to see you. Said she texted you several times but you didn't respond."

Lance pulled out his phone, glancing down at 16 missed texts from his older sister. "Oops."

"Yeah, oops." V giggled. They walked over to the rusty baby blue ford, Lance climbing into the driver's seat.

"Soooo, who gets to drive the new car?" he asked excitedly.

"Well, I don't know. I think it just depends on what we get."

"Mhm." Lance smirked, "Can we get a-"

"No motorcycle." She said, "But maybe a convertible jeep."

"Oh, okay. Sure. We're not gonna get a motorcycle."

"No, but if we want to sell our car in the future to buy separate vehicles, I expect to be the first passenger on your motorcycle."

"You got it!" Lance replied, pulling into the parking lot and turning off the engine. They climbed out and walked into the open garage door. "Hello?"

"I'll be there in a minute!" They heard someone yell over. "Crap!"

"I got it." Came another voice. 

Hi! Sorry it's 2 days late, I kept forgetting about it. :,( 

Don't Die!!

Don't Die!!