Chapter 2 - I Can Do Better

Previously: "I'm Lance McClain. " He nodded in the direction of the stage, "They're pretty good for a cover band, what's their name?"

K snorted, "Well, they don't have a name, and I guess the band is pretty good, but their singer could use work."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And you could do better?" Lance sarcastically remarked, smirking.

"Well, there is a reason I drink for free." K smirked, "You said you liked Panic! Right?"

"Yea..." Lance replied.

"Good." He smiled, turning the stool so that he was facing the bartender. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when the song stopped, revising what he was going to say next, "OOH! Good! My turn!" He sprung off the stool, giddily making his way to the stage, people clearing the way and cheering more the closer he got. The singer reluctantly smiled and stepped to the side, invitingly gesturing to the mic.

K smiled, hopping onto the stage lightheartedly, and stepping up to the mic. The previous singer stepped over to one of the other mics and stood with the bassist, looking longingly at K.

The drummer and K exchanged a few quick words before the band started playing. When he turned back around, K immediately locked eyes with Lance.

"Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore" He smiled when he started, looking at Lance before looking out at all the people in the bar who had crowded close to the stage when K stepped up.

"Been waiting for somebody else to carry me, there's nothing else there for me at my door, all the people I know aren't who they used to be" K scanned everyone's face, mentally noting who they were and whatever information he knew about them. It was his way of deciding if he was sober enough to go home alone, or if he had to call Shiro.

"And if I try to change my life one more day

There would be nobody else to save

And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah" Lance's smile just kept growing as K sang, his own smile swelling when he saw Lance's bright blue eyes light up with his smile.

"I pray for the wicked on the weekend

Mama, can I get another amen?

Oh oh oh oh oh

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Swear to God, I ain't ever gonna repent

Mama, can I get another amen?

Oh oh oh oh oh

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

And every morning when I wake up

I wanna be who I couldn't say I'd ever been

But it's so much more than I ever was

If every night I go to sleep knowing

That I gave everything that I had to give

Then it's all I could've asked for

I've been standing up beside everything I've ever said, but

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

I pray for the wicked on the weekend

Mama, can I get another amen?

Oh oh oh oh oh

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Swear to God, I ain't ever gonna repent

Mama, can I get another amen?

Oh oh oh oh oh

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

If I had one more day to wish

To be better than I could have ever been

If I had one more day to wish

I could be better, but, baby

Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah" As he got closer to the end of the song, he broke eye contact and Lance looked around the room which was now twice as full as when K started singing.

"Small turnout for a Thursday night." The bartender said, leaning on the bar across from Lance.

"This is a small turnout?!" Lance asked, whirling his head around to face the bartender.

"Yeah, normally by the end of his first song there's people poking their heads through the open windows to listen and buy drinks." He replied, "That's why we let him drink for free. He only sings when he's drunk, otherwise he's hellbent against it, and for good reason; but like I said, after his first song we're bursting at the seams, and running out of singles."

"Wow." Lance turned back to the stage, leaning one arm on the bar as the tender continued to take orders and make drinks with the other few bartenders who came out of the back when they heard K's voice.

Songs:

Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco

And:

That's all, have fun and don't die!