Chapter 5 - A Seemingly Short Walk Home

Previously: "Uhhhh... " Keith started, looking in that direction and narrowing his eyes, "Nah, if I throw up in his car again he's gonna be pissed."

"Again?" Lance raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's kind of a long story." Keith replied, hopping off the stage. Lance jumped off behind him, following him through the crowd to the door. "Which way are you going?" Keith asked when they got outside.

"Uhhhh... Which way is West Lion street?" Lance asked in response, trying to remember how he got to the bar in the first place.

"You're goin' to West Lion too?" Keith asked, trudging to the left.

"Yeah, I think so. We just moved into the house a couple days ago, and everyone spent the night in the hospital yesterday. I'm pretty sure that's the right street though." Lance said, following the shorter male.

"That's depressing." Keith remarked, "And you told me earlier."

"I did?"

"You're a very talkative drunk."

"And you're a very lyrical drunk."

"Touche."

The two boys giggled at everything as they made their way down the street, only stopping at the Center/West Lion intersection.

"Which way from here?" Keith asked, leaning on the street sign and turning to his companion.

"Uhhhh... "

"You say that a lot."

"Ha-ha." Lance stuck his tongue out at Keith before continuing. "I think it's that way." He said, pointing lazily to the right.

"Cooooool... " Keith said, elongating the "o", "Shiro lives that way too."

"Huh. That is cool." Lance said, his face twisting in confusion as Keith stopped leaning on the sign and stepped towards him. "Who's Shiro?" He turned to look down at Keith, who had started walking already.

"Shiro is kinda like my dad, but he's technically my foster brother." Keith replied while Lance caught up to him. 

"Oooooohhhhhh. Can he sing too?" 

"HAH! Can Shiro sing!" Keith laughed, "He can't sing for shit. He's decent at playing the drums though." 

"Hmmmmm... " Lance started, "Do you play anything?" 

A devilish smirk spread across Keith's face and he glanced sideways at the Cuban. "You really want me to answer that one?" 

"Ooooooooookay, maybe not." Lance said, dramatically leaning forwards. 

"Hehehe" Keith snickered before asking Lance another question, "Soooooo... Which house is yours?" 

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! That's where we're going!" He replied, "I forgot... but we're almost there." 

Keith giggled, "Good, 'cause so is Shriro's house, and when I get there, I'm not leaving for a few hours." He slurred Shiro's name, and it was slowly becoming more obvious to Lance how drunk the boy was, but if he had met a sober Keith, he would be much more concerned. "OOH! There it is!" He pointed at a house with light grey siding and a black jeep in the driveway.

"Really?" Lance asked, "I live over there with my family!" He pointed to the house across the street and next door to Shiro's house with light blue siding and white trim, an old blue pickup truck and a grey minivan in the driveway.

"Huh. Well that's convenient." Keith remarked as they approached Lance's driveway. Keith kept walking, turning and crossing the street in front of Shiro's house.

"Keith?" Lance called out from halfway down the driveway.

"What?" He stopped.

"We're not gonna remember this tomorrow, are we?"

"Nope."

XD I love the pic at the top

XD I love the pic at the top. Don't die!