~1~

Chapter 1: It was a February Day

Jeremy Heere pulled his hood up against the wind as he walked to school. The weather couldn't dampen his mood. He had recently bought his best friend, Michael, a Christmas gift, and was excited to give it to him. He trotted over to him, hiding the gift behind his back. "Hey, Michael." Pulling off his worn headphones, Michael smiled and said, " Hey, Jer! Whatcha got there?" "A, uh, gift for someone special!" He replied, smiling at him shyly. 

"Is it for Christine?" he asked, a fake smile on his face. "What? No! Christine is with Jake... I.. uh.. found someone else I care for." he frowned at Michael's noticeable fake smile."Oh! I see!" he said, his mood noticeably changing. He took a gift out of his bag. "Uh, well, Merry Christmas!" he said, shoving the gift into his hands. Jeremy dropped his gift, the name on the box showing, reading Michael. "I, uh, it's.. for you, Micheal. "oh, um, wow.. you really didn't need too." Jeremy started opening Michael's gift. Blushing, Michael opened Jeremy's gift. In his hands, he holds brand new, rainbow headphones. "Wow... T-thanks." He ignored the strong urge to hug him. 

Jeremy rips away the wrapping paper, revealing a huge bottle of Mountain Dew Red. "In case the SQUIP comes back!" Michael stammered, looking down at his shoes. He felt bad that his gift wasn't as personal as Jeremy's. Jeremy laughed, smiling brightly at his Player One. "It's great, bab- Micheal." Michael blushed and checked his watch. "Better get to class." He winked and walked away, leaving Jeremy with a warm feeling in his heart.  

Thanks for reading!!!

~Brooke