Εξι

I shivered at the edge of Tartarus, having another conversation with Kronos. It had been a month since I had started staying with the Jackson's. 

"Theodore Gale, son of Tyche. Keep his name in mind." Kronos was saying.

"Tyce?"

"Goddess of luck and good fortune," Kronos informed me.

"Oh... but why should I look out for him? Or whatever?"

"He will be important in an upcoming quest."

"How do you know that? Your not the fates?" I asked, being moody.

Kronos sighed, "Just trust me, young demigod. When have I ever steered you wrong?"

"...Never..." I sighed a deep sigh and then nodded, "Alright."

"Remember to keep me informed," Kronos said.

Then I woke up. I sat up and yawned looking around the room me and Percy shared. Percy was already awake and getting dressed, "Morning Perce..." I yawned largely again, like a cat.

Percy seemed a little more than a bit tired like he had been having nightmares all night. "Hey, Zoie. Did you sleep well?" He asked with a tired yawn as his mother called us for breakfast.

"Dibs on the front of the table!" He said hurrying to get his shirt on so he could be the first to stuff his face.  

"Last day of school!" I smiled excitedly, "And, then we can go back to camp and I can see Ray and Jacob...!"  

"Oh... yeah can't wait to get back to camp! I can't wait to see Annabeth and-..." He paused for a moment. "And, Grover... if he is back from his quest to find Pan..." He beamed at me and then groaned as he yawned. "And, best of all... no monster attacks this year! I might actually be able to stay in a school and not get expelled!"

"One, we. And, two... pleeease don't jinx it Seaweed brain." I rolled my eyes sighing and got out of bed wandering over and draping myself on him yawning once again. I whined for him to hug me. He had come to figure out how clingy I could be in the morning.

Percy smiled and hugged back rolling his eyes. "Yes... good morning to you too little sis. Come on... we have to get ready or else we are going to be late... and you know how I don't want to be doing summer school!" He chuckled.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes and got off of him moving towards the door. I froze though as my eyes were caught by some movement. I began to absentmindedly chew on my nails. "...Percy? Did you... nevermind." Before I had finished asking whatever it had been had disappeared. It had looked like it had been a shadow of a girl. 

"Did I what?" He asked moving past me sitting down as his mom set down a plate of waffles. The two began to converse about the last day of school offering to take Percy and Tyson on a shopping trip to their favorite skate shop. Then, Percy mentioned going to camp. 

"Oh.... camp... Percy... I was going to talk to you about that..." Sally said with something strange in her voice but it was hard to tell what.  

"..." My head snapped up and I frowned, "...No. Do not say it, Miss Jackson... No. We have to go to camp!" I hid that I was having a slight panic attack.

"Well... it's just... Chiron said it's not exactly safe there right now..."

Percy piped up with a bewildered expression, "Mom, we are demigods. Camp is the safest place on earth for us to be!" He countered as she sighed.